How can we improve the SMA (K1000)?

Using any OU to join AD Domain for SSO

K1000 Join Domain for SSO needs that AD Admin user has permission to write computer/user in 'Computers' container in their domain by AD admin user. *

If there is the ADadmin user that does not have writable permission for Computers container under domain but has permissions only under some OUs assigned,
When using the AD Admin user, K1000 cannot join to the domain without support by Technical Support.
K1000 should provide the feature that users can specify any OU they has in the web interface in order to join K1000 to AD domain.

* Troubleshooting Single Sign On (SSO) for the K1000 (111863)
https://support.software.dell.com/k1000-systems-management-appliance/kb/111863
"Computers container in AD has to be writeable by the AD admin user account you use for the SSO join. "

11 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
dknak1 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Gary Wekluk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is basically the biggest problem we have with Kace. So much so that it makes me almost hate Kace altogether. We have to coordinate ahead of time with Dell in order to apply any updates. This is extremely time consuming for me because we have to skip several updates due to down time issues. When an update is applied it has to be custom built in order to preserve our servers AD account. I need to be able to join the server to the domain in a container that I specify. In addition, I cannot let it create a service account with a default name due to organizational naming schemes that do not have exceptions.

Feedback and Knowledge Base