SMA (K1000)

Please tell us how you’d like to see the Systems Management Appliance product improved!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Restrict Which Queue a user can see

We are an MSP and we have specific queues for specific clients. these queues have the clients name on them. the issue is in the client portal users can select which queue to see. while they wont be able to submit tickets to those queues ( i have them restricted with labels) they can still see those queues exist and see the names of our clients. i would like the ability to restrict a given user to only seeing the queues i want them to see.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Email Token - Including Ticket Summary

There is a list of Tokens we can use currently for emails that go out to Service Desk users. One token we could really use is the original summary of the ticket. A workaround would be to use ticket history but that can get messy after a while.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Give option to completely disable satisfaction survey.

We would like to remove ability to completely suppress the survey email sent to users. We currently have it disabled, but the users still get email notifications.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow customization of the KACE SMA user console home page web browser tab

When a customer clicks on the "Service Desk" link, it displays KACE Systems Management Appliance Service Center on the tab of the web browser. It would be nice if this could be customized to the organizations name instead of the product that we are using.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make Owner list in View By: menu shorter/sortable

Our Service Desk has 100+ ticket owners, for some queues. When the Owner option is highlighted in the View By: menu, it generates a ridiculously enormous menu list. Could this be turned into a shorter scrolling list (eg http://codepen.io/larrygeams/pen/feoDc), or better yet have a search box like it has in the individual ticket view.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Function to clear Service desk email queue

I've had numerous times where the K1000 has been stuck in an email fight with the mail server due to tickets being closed or modified for users that no longer exist.

I would love the ability to clear or dump the entire email queue on the K1000 to quickly clear this issue once the loop has been cleared on the mail server.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Suggest adding 'Set Category To>' to action items for Service Desk queues.

In the Service Desk under Action Items, I would like to have the ability to 'Set Category To>'. We had an issue come up where I needed the ability to change the category for over a 1000+ tickets, and the only way to manage it at this time is one at a time.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Service Desk - ticket alerts

Implement some type of alerting system when a ticket owner gets assigned a ticket, in addition to the email notification. For example a separate small window that polls every 5 minutes and flashes an alert if a new ticket is found for you or for your defined custom view.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Email ticket owners when a new ticket is created

In the service desk queue email settings, there is a grid of checkboxes to select who is emailed for what changes. The only check boxes that are missing are the ones that send the owner an email upon ticket creation. It would be very handy to have that!

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow filtering by queue (was removed in 6.3)

We used to be able to exclude (or include) queues within the advanced search within the service desk. "Queue" has been removed from the filter drop down list in the last update. This would be helpful to have back as I only manage certain queues. Thank you!

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Separation of service desk admins

I have recently come across an issue with the help desk where it's been pushed down from the Powers That Be that the Finance Department should have a ticketing queue for people to submit invoices because a shared mailbox is not working.

I have found, after working with a tech, that while it's possible to create the queue (obviously) you cannot restrict the admins of this finance queue from seeing the contents of the other queues, WITHOUT FULLY DISABLING THE ABILITY FOR THOSE PEOPLE TO SUBMIT ANY TICKETS.

Would like to have some sort of separation of duties regarding queues,…

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ticket modified date only update if ticket is modified

Escalation and SLA notifications currently update the ticket modified date.

I'd like it better if my tickets would only show as modified if they were modified.

I currently cannot run reports showing tickets modified by staff because modified, doesn't mean modified.

~James

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add the ability to create a checklist and attach it to a ticket

I would like the ability to set up a checklist and attach it to a ticket. This would allow me to set up a checklist that has 15 steps in it without setting up 15 separate tickets in a process. I use checklists a lot, especially when setting up new users or reloading existing machines. It would be nice to be able to check off each step in the ticket and have it saved in case you have to come back to the process. I like the way processes work, but if you have lots of steps, creating all of…

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ability to hide and set a default the 'approval required before close' field...

An end user should be able to select an approver without having to consider the 'approval required before close' or 'approval required before open' selection associated with the approver field.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Sort service desk tickets by multiple columns

not so much improve, more like bring back the old that used to work well

I used to be alble to sort ticket by multiple columns. ie. sort first by due date, then by ticket owner (see link below)
    http://vankace/adminui/ticketlist.php?QUEUEID=2&ORDER[]=sortDUEDATE&ORDER[]=SORTOWNERNAME

However this stopped working once I updated from 5.4 to 5.5

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Edit multiple tickets at once

It would be helpful to have the functionality to edit and/or close multiple tickets at once.

There's many times that we have multiple tickets related to the same issue. With the multi edit ability, i would be able to select tickets i want to edit from the tickets page and choose edit from the Choose Action drop down.

Here i could add a comment, change the status and etc while effectively enabling me to close multiple tickets without have to go directly into each one.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Log erased tickets

When a ticket is deleted, the action is not log in any place. There are no history and is imposible to know what is happened with it. I can't validate this system if I can't make an audit trail with its tickets.
    It would be interesting would log what, who, when and why an ticket is deleted.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add Location Asset to ticket fields

For Service Desk tickets not associated with mobile assets such as laptops, it would be helpful to have a nested location field. We have multiple campuses, multiple buildings per campus and rooms per building. Having this location ability would help in triage, dispatch, and reporting.

An example is in the forums here: http://www.appdeploy.com/messageboards/fb.asp?m=77526&key=ticket%2Clocation

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hide helpdesk Queue but allow process access

We want to create special queues just for access via a process.
    i.e. New user creation, where we want to use the process to create the appropriate child tickets. We can do this right now, but the users SEE the queue AND the process, and they sometimes submit work orders directly to the queue instead of through the process.

This could be easily accomplished by specifying a special "character Convention" to hide a queue (i.e. enclose in brackets, prefix with asterisk, etc.)

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Have values from custom fields be emailed on ticket creation.

It's strange that you can create custom fields for the service desk but you can't have them generated in an email using the "Service Desk Email Customization".
    It would be nice if there were more 'symbols' available for the email templates. You are very limited in the criteria you can specify when emails are generated.
    Right now all that is available is
    $ticketescalationminutes, $ticketpriority, $ticketnumber, $tickettitle, $ticketurl, $tickethistory, $ticketsubmittername, $ticketsubmitteremail, $ticketownername, $ticketowneremail, $changedesc, $subject, $quoted_mail

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base