SMA (K1000)

Please tell us how you’d like to see the Systems Management Appliance product improved!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pop up notification that another technician has a ticket opened

One annoyance that we have had so far with Kace compared to our previuos Help Desk system (TrackIt) is that when a new ticket comes in, multiple people will start looking at it. Without any of them knowing someone else is working on it, you end up with 2 or more people contacting the same user about the same issue. It would be nice if there was some sort of pop up or something on the screen when you opened a ticket, that someone else already has it open. Something like "Joe smith is currently viewing this ticket". Then I…

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Need option to change the size of ticket field (ex: textbox, notes)

It will be more helpful if the team give us a option to edit the size of the ticket field like "textbox, notes". if needed can increase or decrease the size of field based on details(inputs) regarding the tickets.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Users submit tickets to only one queue but IT staff can still set them as submitters in any queue

When a user submits a ticket, we only want them to be able to be able to choose to assign to our Service Desk queue so the Service Desk can triage and assign to the correct support queues. But we also want the user's contact info to be listed as the contact for the ticket in any queue. If we remove the ability of the user to be listed as the submitter, we can limit the queue they assign their ticket to (they only see Service Desk queue), but we cannot create a ticket in any queue on their behalf…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I would like the ability to limit a user to viewing only certain queues without removing their ability to submit tickets to that queue.

Limit user access to queues without limiting their ability to submit tickets to that queue. We have 3 queues and I do not want the user of the third queue viewing the tickets in the other 2 queues (unless it is a ticket this person submitted). Thanks.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Helpdesk - 'Next/Previous Ticket' Button

Include a 'Next Ticket' and 'Previous Ticket' button on the individual ticket view.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Kace Service Desk: Ability to enter non-integer values in custom "number" field types

We would like for the custom field type "Number" to accept non-integer entries. Currently it will only accept whole numbers and we have a need for there to be either a way to enter decimal numbers. Please either change the current field type to accept non-integer values, or create a separate custom field type that can.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add custom fields to column visability in service desk

I didn't see this request out there specifically so not sure if it is a duplicate.

I set up several custom fields for my tickets. I want a couple of these fields to show up in my column view so tickets can be sorted by that field.

For example, I created a custom field of "task type". It is a single select field and has "dev, ops, help, genoffice, other" as choices. In my default view, I want to have this field show up so it can be sorted.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. K1000 Service Desk Custom Field Addition

When creating custom fields in Service Desk queues, it would be helpful if there was a number field to choose from that wasn't restricted to integer values. A decimal option would be ideal that could take up to at least 4 spaces to the right of a decimal (ten thousandths). Example, be able to accept 10.1875 as a valid value.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Have ticket Due Dates actually notifiy the ticket owner of being overdue

And not just show [OVERDUE] on the title.

This would better allow for following up on tickets, etc.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. "Always Required" setting on the "User Custom Field" passes when set to the system default of "Unassigned".

I have already reached out to support for this and they are telling me that this is the way that it was designed. However, this makes very little sense if it was truly designed this way for the simply fact that having the ability to set a field to "Always Required" should force user interaction but since the system will accept the default of "Unassigned" it defeats the purpose of being a required field.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Read/ Write/ Hide Permissions per Queue within User Console

I have multiple queues within my service desk; Technology, Loan Ops, Accounting. I need all users to be submitters to Technology, for purposes of email ticket creation, while having only read access to Technology within the User Console.

However, I also need some of these users to have submitter (Write) permissions to the Loan Ops and Accounting Queues within the User Console.

So I think there should be a way to define read/ write/ hide permission per queue within the Service Desk User Console regardless of submitter settings.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Change Management

Looking for a change management system within the K1000. I've found this article, but it is related to version 6 and does not include the approval system. https://www.quest.com/community/b/en/posts/5-easy-steps-to-change-management-support-with-the-k1000-service-desk

Here's a general description of what we would like to see:

A process by which tickets can be submitted and the person submitting the ticket can decide if the ticket needs an approval or not. Then if there is an approval need let the person submitting the ticket either select or type in the person who needs to be the approver. These tickets need to be retained in the same queue or…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add the ability to edit a ticket rule in the wizard if it was previously made in the wizard

Currently, if you make a ticket rule via the wizard, you can edit it via the SQL script it creates but not via the wizard. Some rules are basic and this is fine but as you create a more complex rule it makes it hard to edit the rule. Adding the ability to edit rules made via the wizard would make this process easier and less time consuming.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add Queue Owners check boxes to the Escalation and SLA Violation email on events function

It would be awesome if all the Queue Owners were emailed when a ticket breaks SLA or Escalation timer rules.
    So if you could add Queue Owners check boxes to the Escalation and SLA Violation email on events function like it has already for New ticket on ... events that would be awesome!

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Set Default Priority per Category

Current Priority settings are based on the feelings and opinions of the person submitting/owning the ticket. The ability to set a Default Priority per Category (similar to the Default Ticket Owner) in the Customize Fields and Layouts page would be very beneficial to appropriately managing workloads.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add "Location" field type to Custom Fields

Please add "Location" as a field type for custom fields with the same user interface that the "Parent Location" field gets in the location asset properties. This will allow users to select locations by using the location tree instead of a flat list that is provided by the "Single Select" type.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Service desk assets to reflect only which assets are associated with the submitter

Currently the assets drop down menu lists all assets in the KACE box. I'd like to see this assets menu only show the assets that are associated with the user submitting a ticket.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add the ability to search active and archived tickets

Instead of having to search active in active tickets, then if nothing is found having to go to the archive and search please add the ability to search the active tickets and archived tickets in one search.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Create Global Custom View for all users/admins to search tickets on in the service desk

We would like to create and deploy custom views to search for specific categories or state. This can already be done on an individual basis, but we would like to apply this as a custom view for all users under a specific user label.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base