SMA (K1000)

Please tell us how you’d like to see the Systems Management Appliance product improved!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I would like the ability for my users to reply-all to ticket emails, without the system creating a new ticket each time

I would like the ability for my users to reply-all to ticket emails, add folks to the email, have those folks in-turn reply-all......all the while NOT opening new tickets each time. I have looked and don't see a way to do this. Is it possible?

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. fill out user satisfaction via email

it's nice that a person can respond to kbox via emai. It would also be nice if a person could fill out their user satisfaction info via email rather than having to log in to the kbox system
    and on the kbox screen - http://support.kace.com , please put a link beside item 5- enhancement requests that links to this page.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Process with optional child tickets

Allow selection of which child tickets will be created when creating a new parent process ticket. This would allow child tickets to be optional, either based on conditions defined in rules, or at the ticket creators discretion. For example, in a new user creation process, some users may not require an account on a specific system. It should be possible to start the process but exclude the creation of the child ticket for that task.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. "Filter on submitter assigned assets" and "Filter on submitter assigned device" during ticket creation.

Turn this feature OFF: Auto-check the "Filter on submitter assigned assets" and "Filter on submitter assigned device" during ticket creation.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Restore or undo deleted tickets

Ability to restore or undo deleted tickets. Keep tickets X amount of days before completely purging.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Change the color of the interface to Gray instead of white

We went from a black interface to a too-bright white interface. There are a few people in the office with light sensitivity who HATE the new look. Gray would be far easier on the eyes. Why even mess with the cosmetics? It was fine before!!!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Collapsible comments in tickets

I notice that for some tickets, the list of comments can become quite lengthy, making it difficult to find what you need and difficult to scroll through. This is especially true if you start forwarding e-mails to tickets for documentation. What I'd like to see is the ability to collapse individual comments and an option to collapse all comments.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Include attachments in comment emails from Service Desk

Currently when sending a comment to a user (submitter), any screenshots or attachments are not included or attached to the email. Obviously if sending screenshots or user guides to the user this is incredibly useful but the only option is to send the email using Outlook, defeating the purpose of the K1000 service desk.

I see there is a token, $lastattachment, but that only inserts the text "Filename.png (00.00KB)" which is completely useless. Ideally, the solution to this would be a token such as $lastattachment_url, which provides a direct link to the file (which should not be inaccessible…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Tabbed view in comments

I find it frustrating to have to scroll through a long list of comments in a ticket to find what I need. Often comments on a ticket are a mix of e-mails sent to tickets as well as comments entered manually directly into the ticket by users and technicians. What would be nice is a tabbed view in comments. The first tab would be technician/user comments and the second tab would be e-mail generated comments. This separation would really help me keep comments in tickets organized.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow Workflow Parent Ticket to become a child ticket of another parent ticket

Allow the Parent Ticket of a Workflow to be a Child Ticket in another Parent Ticket.

Often times, we want to use a workflow for a project, for example, a mass conversion of Windows 7 computers to Windows 10.

Being able to use a workflow helps automate the service desk side of things while ensuring that certain criteria and procedures are followed.

However, it gets a little messy when trying to see a larger "global" view of the conversion since you then have to hunt down every single Parent Ticket of the individual workflows.

It would be extremely helpful to…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. pop up notifications

At this time, the notifications section is highly dependent on emails only. The only form of communication when setting up a notification is for it to send an email when the criteria of the notification is met. There should be the option to setup cosmetic notifications to display or pop up in the appliance as well without the need for an email. For example, here's a list of suggested pop up notifications an IT Admin could configure as having enabled/disabled that would improve the flow of the service desk functionality especially if it is used heavily:

1. update sent/update received

2. Ticket…
    8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Email on events for ticket creation Category CC

Allow in the email on events section to have a field for ticket creation so you can add the ability for whatever emails is on the Category CC to receive an email when a new ticket is created. This enables you to easily set a Category CC email such as a distribution list in the helpdesk section and still have the default owner as unassigned.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When tickets are deleted, DELETE them. Do not archive them.

I discovered in K1000 ver. 6 that when we delete tickets, they are actually being archived. There is already a separate feature to archive tickets. If I choose "Delete", I don't want the tickets in the Archive, either! Please make "Delete" mean DELETE. Thanks.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Request approval for ticket

We don't have the need for every ticket submitted to our help desk to be approved by someone but certain ones, such as requests for additional network access, should.

I would like to see the ability to redirect a ticket for approval from a specified individual. Or, taking it a step further, create an "Approval Required" field in Queue Customization > Category Values table. If a ticket is submitted with that category value, it is automatically flagged for approval by the submitter's department head before making it to the help desk.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hide "Also show child history" from parent ticket

I would like to be able to hide the option "Also show child history" from a parent ticket? Currently if you create a child ticket, the submitter of the parent ticket can see all of the comments of the child ticket by clicking on "Also show child history" in the parent ticket. Sometimes I do not want the submitter of the parent ticket to see the child tickets comments as it may contain information they do not need to see based on a fix or other comments from the support team. Ideally, what would happen is a user would submit…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Service Desk: Ability to escalate tickets to additional people if still open after escalating once

We would like the ability to have additional people get added to the CC list that receives escalation emails, but only at the second and future escalations. In other words, a ticket escalates once, and a manager is notified. If enough time elapses that the ticket escalates again, we want additional people to be notified.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add Secondary Owner Field for Escalations

Adding a secondary support tech field so that the original support tech/owner can add a tier 2 assignee to the same ticket and therefore will maintain visibility.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Helpdesk Location Assignments

Being able to assign locations to users and allowing them to see all tickets open for their location.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hide Pop-up notification for User Downloads

When a user launch a Managed Install from the End User portal, there is a popup windows that states "User launched MI/FS" and a second once it's finished.

First of all, it is not translated for other languages, which can be confusing for non-english speaking users.

Then, there should be an option to hide this window. As it's not standard for Managed Installs, there is no reason to display it by default in this KACE.

Furthermore, please allow the possibility to change the text displayed.
    Thanks in advance,

Best regards,
    Marc CHOUTEAU

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Service Desk Customization - Field Type

Allow the Field Type to be one of 'Text Box', which would afford a multiple-line text box such as the 'Resolution' field.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base