SMA (K1000)

Please tell us how you’d like to see the Systems Management Appliance product improved!

How can we improve the SMA (K1000)?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Custom ticket fields for specific Category

I would like to see a way to create a custom field in service desk that only shows up when a user chooses a specific topic. We have a few applications that our employees use that we want specific information about when they open a ticket for that application such as the part of the application they were in when the issue occurred. This way we can run reports to see how often issues in a specific part of the software are occurring.

I would like to see this so we can get the information we need without having unnecessary…

432 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    27 comments  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Parent tickets to pass fields to child tickets

Allow Parent tickets to pass information to child ticktes in a process (workflow). eg, if creating a new user you would want to pass the user name, dept, phone etc from the partent ticket to other departments involved in the new user creation. Currently these have to be re-typed in each child ticket.

407 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Correct "Move to Queue" sort order when in ticket detail

Make sort order for "Move to Queue" and "New Ticket From Queue" consistent. Currently queues are listed in alphabetical order on the ticket listing page. However, when in the ticket detail page, the "Move to Queue" list is not sorted alphabetically.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I would like the ability to limit a user to viewing only certain queues without removing their ability to submit tickets to that queue.

Limit user access to queues without limiting their ability to submit tickets to that queue. We have 3 queues and I do not want the user of the third queue viewing the tickets in the other 2 queues (unless it is a ticket this person submitted). Thanks.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Dean Wade responded

Over the next few releases, we will be implementing Role Based Access controls.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base