SMA (K1000)

Please tell us how you’d like to see the Systems Management Appliance product improved!

How can we improve the SMA (K1000)?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The K1000 about page is visible to the public!

The about page located at http://<K1000_HOSTNAME>/common/about.php contains contains summary information of the system and should be locked down.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The System Performance page (MUNIN) is visible to the public!

The System Performance page or MUNIN must be secured and locked down to allow viewing only by system administrators. We cannot have this System Performance graph (https://<K1000_HOSTNAME>/munin/) visible to the public!

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Label Management Groups

We are a Global company with other IT help desks that I would like to only give visability to certain lables. I do not want my China, EMEA, India, etc... help Desk groups the ability to manage computers that do not fall under their region. I would like to only give them access to certain "Region/Parent" lables that a machine falls under.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow administrator to choose where Windows updates are stored on client

These days anti-virus are blocking common locations such as Windows/Temp due to ransomware risks etc. It would be nice if I can tell Kace appliance to download the patches to Kace folder or a user specified folder which we may be able to exclude from AV. Folders like Temp and Downloads are high risk locations these days.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. K1000 license expiration notify on home page

K1000 license expiration notify on home page 5 warning notificatif before expiration of license.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Field Level Read/Write/Hide permissions

Would like to get a little more granular with the role permissions to be able to set individual fields to read only or hide in addition to the present ability to read/write/hide to Assets/Asset Types/Scripting etc

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Report to access/track admin login and duration

It is good to have a report which can give us admin/technicians access log because people responsible for the different orgs. ask and complain about things and we wanted to see if they are actually accessing the server to perform jobs or getting benefited by the Kace 1000 and 2000. I was not able to access this report and kbox technical support said this type of report is not available. I was LANdesk admin and I have used this feature/report to prove that our people are not using the system (LANdesk).

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add Support for SCAP and OVAL on linux Systems.

Support existing requests for SCAP and OVAL on linux.
    ESMEA-319: SCAP Support for Linux and
    ESMEA-406: Oval Support for Linux OSes

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. SSL Certificate

Would like to request the ability to upload certificates for the use of SSL. It would be helpful to have this feature added under the K1000 Agent Settings section. This way after the certificate has been uploaded, all clients would be able to obtain it instead of manually placing the certificate it on every client machine that has been inventoried.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Restrict Number of Login Attempts

The server needs the ability to lock access after specified number of failed login attempts. This would help protect the server against brute force attacks.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Specific Script Permissions and Availability based on Role or Label Membership

We have a situation where we would like to have a user be able to run a task that requires elevated permissions. We would be able to do this through KACE, because we can give the user a login, and access to the scripts. The only issue is we don't want the user to have access to all of the scripts. If there could be a way to configure within the Role or by Membership to a label, we could control what scripts a particular user might have the ability to run.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add XPS 13 9530 / XPS 15 9550 to Dell Update Catalog

Add XPS 13 9530 / XPS 15 9550 to Dell Update Catalog

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Enhenced Proxy settings should be support client side ssl import and settings. Websense wants to client ssl for internet access.

It should be enhenced Proxy settings. Some customers use client side ssl request for internet access. For example Websense, Aventail SSL wants to client ssl for internet access after that give internet acces. Dell Kace products don't have Proxy settings for Proxy certificates.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Endpoint Local Admin Password Management

During a Security Audit, it was determined that having the same local administrator password the same on all endpoints is a security risk. Re-setting and storing individual endpoint's local admin password in the K1000. I believe this would be a stellar security feature, allowing K1000 helpdesk to view local admin password for each endpoint.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Define Access with Labels instead of Roles

It would be nice to be able to define the security within the UI by label instead of by specific pre-determined roles. This would allow me to specify a "Service Desk Write" label which can then be associated with a group in my LDAP structure to which all members would get write access to the service desk, and I could have one for every tab called out in role creation. This would enable dynamic assignment of resources to users so that we are not required have to pre-determine every potential use case, define a role for that use case and…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Service Desk - Security for Choose Action Options

Allow the ability through roles to lock down the Choose Action options for users. This will keep users from making mass changes to tickets (priority, status, etc.) which can have adverse effects on other users, report statistics, etc.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Patching alert improvements

Past experience shows that whenever a set of patches is applied, even if “No Reboot” is chosen that a large percentage of the time the workstation is booted anyway. We don’t use this option anymore. We have one schedule set to detect … and another schedule set to deploy. The deploy job has an alert and is set to force a reboot. This allows our users have a chance to consent to a reboot during the day (laptops).

I just spoke with a support person and they confirmed that a deploy job has a max timeout of 1 hour, no…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow staged device Patch Schedule

I would like the possibility to create a patching schedule which stages the installation of the patches for the associated devices. For example, a patch schedule with 3 devices, where the first device is installed with all the patches. Once completed (succesfully) the second associated device then begins, and so on. The idea behind this is for only 1 "server" to be patched at one time and to avoid reboots occurring at the same time.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ability to change the webui port

With agent communication going over 443 and the webui port being 443 as well the device cannot securely sit behind a radius firewall that requires dual factor authentication.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base