SMA (K1000)

Please tell us how you’d like to see the Systems Management Appliance product improved!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Native Powershell Integration

The ability to use Powershell more natively within the KBOX appliance.

A quick example: I would like to push out three installs before the desktop loads but would like to use Powershell to do it since it has more power and flexibility than a batch script. Although I can run the Powershell script it calls it first as if from a command line which then makes the KBOX client think the install is done so it then continues to the desktop, which I would not like it to do.

It would be nice to be able to specify the Powershell…

304 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    11 comments  ·  Managed Install  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Managed Install Scheduling

I would love to see the ability to set a more specific deployment schedule for the managed installs. Make it like the patch deployment scheduling where you can pick certain day(s) of the week, specific time of day, specific date & time, etc. We have many machines that can only have software deployed to them at specific times and this would help automate that process.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Managed Install  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. K1000 Software Library for Mac & Auto-Filtering

Any end-users would like to be empowered to use K1000 software library for installing any software on either Windows or Mac system without required admin privilege. I found that K1000 software library supports only Windows. K1000 software library needs to support Mac, too.

In addition, the auto filter depending on what machine they are running needs to be added to K1000 software library. For example, end-user is logged onto Mac system, then, K1000 software library needs to provide only Mac apps by auto-filtering.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Managed Install  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base