SMA (K1000)

Please tell us how you’d like to see the Systems Management Appliance product improved!

How can we improve the SMA (K1000)?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. IP address range option when creating a smart label

When creating a smart label, be can create selections based on the IP address. But the field is processed like a "simple" numeric field, so we can filter when an IP address begins or contains a specified numeric value.
    But when we use a class-less network, this can be very difficult to specifie a network range like, for example, 192.168.0.16/28. A dedicated range option should be appreciated.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Asset Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When a device label/smart label is created it should force an inventory on all matching devices so that the label is applied instantly.

When a device label/smart label is created it should force an inventory on all matching devices so that the label is applied instantly instead of waiting for the next inventory process.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Asset Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add ability to export lists

For any list that is generated, add the ability to export the results in various formats. For instance: Go into Software and locate a specific software title. The resulting page has a list of devices that software is installed on. Off the ability to export All or selected items, from the inventory list to CSV, TXT, XLSX, PDF, etc.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Asset Types - add instructions for adding Assets

In Asset Types, I would like to see a text box where I can enter instructions or a description for that Type of Asset and what it is used for. Then, when an Asset is created or modified, the text should appear in the asset detail, explaining what the asset is for, how to update it, or whatever else. The text should only be editable from the Asset Type modification area.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Asset Rules Engine

I would like to have a basic rules engine for the Asset portion of the tool so that we can update the Asset fields using the rules. For examples:

If computer is a member of LDAP Label "HR" then apply Department value "HR"

If computer is a member of Label "London" then apply Location Value "London"

If the last login user was "Wayne Smith" apply the user value "Wayne Smith"

If the last inventory was not within the last 30 days then set a custom asset status filed as "Missing"

This could be built in the existing smart label /…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Asset import templates

The ability to create a template which has field mappings set up would streamline the import asset process and reduce the chance of error in selecting the wrong field to map, for example prior to imaging with the K2000 we import new devices into our K1000 for naming etc. As each spreadsheet is from a separate school there are many identical imports, having a pre-determined template would save a lot of time.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Inventory - collect all IPs bound to a network interface

In the Inventory, the network interfaces for a Windows machine only lists the "primary" IP address. This is confusing because inventory run on Linux machines list every IP address bound to each interface. The inventory should be configured to list all IP addresses bound to the network interface on Windows; not just the primary IP address.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  0 comments  ·  Asset Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Device Usage Policy

Create a Device Usage Policy where the user accepts it once the device is received.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add Errors to Asset Import Failures

Include an entry-by-entry error that explains why an Asset Import from CSV failed (or include the ability to export one).

I currently import upwards of 300 assets at a time into K1000 from csv and when a dozen succeed but 288 fail I'd like to see why, especially when they all have identical fields mapped. For example, if the asset is assigned a Location that can't be found in the K1000, put another (error) column on the output saying 'Location not found' against the attempted asset uploaded.

Even better would be the ability to upload the Assets anyway, missing out…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. conditional asset fields

The possibility to add conditional asset fields based on machine details would be very helpful.

e.g. custom field state based on the last inventory (active, inactive)
    or custom field machine type (virtual, physical) based on the Model (VMWare or Dell)

there are so many different ideas for several custom fields.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ability to run custom inventories under specific users like we can with scripts.

I was recently trying to get a list of printers from a remote machine through custom inventory. I was able to return all the ones that were installed locally but because the inventory is run from a KACE user the ones that were attached to a certain username did not show in the report.

If we could set custom inventory to run as current signed in user then it would return all possible items.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Software catalouge should be able to group all the versions of the software's installed.

It is important to keep a track of the licensed softwares installed of workstations in large organisations.

K1000's software catalog should have the ability to meter all the versions of a software installed, mean if there adobe standard 9 installed on computers there could be different sub-versions installed. so KACE should be able to trace all the devices which have any version installed. for better management.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow end users the option for READ access to Asset Types

We want to Allow end users the option for READ access to Asset Types. We are a biotech and very often our end-users need to see info pertaining to science instruments (equipment) in the asset db. We certainly do not want to make 150+ employees admins simply so they can READ (view) asset info.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add additional User Keys to Asset Import

In addition to "User ID", "User Name" and "Email ID" "Display Name" or "Name" should be available as User key mapping option.
    In fact the key mapping option should be set up similar to the "Name" attribute in the Users section. Please see attached screenshot.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ability to modify the License Modes.

I would like to be able to add a couple more options to the License Modes listed under the License Asset type. Volume and Enterprise are especially conspicuous in their absence. Nor can I think of any good reason for the field to be un-editable in the first place.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Give Options to Remove or Toggle off required fields in Assets

I have items in the devices the licences that have fields implemented by the developer. Most of these I do not use and do not want to. It also confuses other members of my team that try to create new items and see all of these unnecessary fields. I also feel this way about location since it has permeated all assets. Can we please have an option to remove these completely or remove them from the new item and item editing view?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Auto-Resize Asset Field

When editing an Asset, the fields should autoexpand to show the text in the fields. For example I have an Asset that is a Firewall and I have a customer field called Note that is type "Text". When I edit the asset the field Text field only shows about the first 38 characters. If I have a note with 100+ characters it's kind of hard to edit it so on larger notes I have to copy and past to notepad edit then paste it back in. The information shows correctly on reports with the full size but not when editing.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Smart labels for assets

I would like to see smart labels for assets that are not devices. This will make filtering and reporting a lot easier for customers that use asset management in large environments

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Capture networking related info

Would be nice to have the K1100 capture all of an end-point's neworking related information on checkin - default gateway, DHCP server, DNS servers. This would be very useful in determining if you had some sort of rogue network services provider on your network - or if there were systems that needed to be looked at after an infrastructure change.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Asset Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Need to identify computers running Boot Camp and associate/connect their asset/inventory records

Right now any computer running Boot Camp shows up as two entries in both the inventory and asset records. As a result, the less-frequently used OS shows up as MIA when that isn't really the case.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base