SMA (K1000)

Please tell us how you’d like to see the Systems Management Appliance product improved!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Location Auto Assignment via Subnet

We would like to auto assign locations to new devices based off subnet when the Kace agent is installed vs manually assigning. We have Smart Labels setup by locations so if you could tie it to the location assignment that would be a great feature. This would keep location data up to date. Service Request # 4751029

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Asset Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow archiving based on labels. e.g. archive every week if label=="nonpersistent"

We have virtual devices that. by design, cease to exist when the person logs out. But we like to have Kace on them to keep track and collect the overall clone state as well as maintain an accurate inventory.

We manually delete those devices in Kace every couple of days to clean things up but can't find a way to script that process. We can't use the archiving feature because we have mobile teams abroad that don't reconnect to the Kace SMA for months at a time. Those devices still exist and will report in again so we don't want…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. MIA option to purge inventory item only

There are many cases where a PC will go a long period of time without being inventoried, which will get caught up in the MIA dragnet, causing the asset to archive into a READONLY state. The end user could be a furloughed employee or the PC could simply be sitting in IT surplus inventory for redeployment. In any case, there are custom fields on the associated asset that may need to be updated, which will not be possible in an archived state. I'm requesting an option on the MIA screen to, "Delete inventory item only without asset archiving." This would…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. license import

importing licensing asset information into kace is not its best functionality. I have over 700 records that are in need of updating and it appears the only way to get the software records updated it to do it 1x1 or make an unsuccessful attempt to import new records and delete the existing records. If this asset feature could be updated somehow to make managing assets easier that would be great

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Search by assignee name

Please enable the ability to search for assets by assignee name without the need to do advanced searches. Also, would like all assigned assets to show up under the user section not just inventory items.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Asset Details to include Purchase details

When you click on Assets > There should be a place inside these details that we can enter the purchase information for a device. ie. Serial number, cost, date, warranty info.

The "Purchases" page does not have the necessary details needed for a Device.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Asset History Needs to be more user friendly

Asset Management > Assets > Asset Detail: > Show all history.
    This page needs to be updated to allow us to filter on specific events. The way it is now is just a plain text page sorted by Time Stamp which only seems to go back 3 to 4 months.

The link reads "Show All History" which obviously isn't correct since it's really not "ALL" of it. If I want to see the history of a device and who it was assigned to from day 1, that should be in the list and be easily filtered on. Any other ticketing…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Scheduled MIA

It would be helpful to be able to create a schedule and a run now for MIA in addition to the default on/off daily setting. We do a quarterly audit of AD and other management systems and would like to include KACE.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Dell Docking Station S/N or ST Retrieval Through WMI or Powershell

Hi Team, it would be nice to be able to get the servicetag or serialnumber of the Dell docking station through wmi or powershell. We are a dell shop here using Windows and i am faced with a tedious task of keeping our inventory up to date.

I am glad Command Monitor allows me to get the screens information. I just wish it would do the same for the docking stations. I think this would be a great feature to think about.

Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Integrate KACE Inventory with Jira

I wanted to use KACE, but unfortuantely we were forced into Jira. That being said. I'd like to see a way for Jira to integrate into KACE to some extent.

Specifically I'd like to see Assets in KACE be linked in some way to reporting users in Jira so we can just click a link to get to that users computer asset object in KACE.

Obviously some other integrations would be great too, but this I think would be a good one for me right now.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Granular User Control for Asset Management

Posted at Virutal 2021 UserKon:
    One feature that would make the Assets module more useful is being able to have more granular control over asset types and granting admin rights for certain asset types. For instance, IT people need access to the IT equipment, but if I wanted to allow a fleet management person to manage fleet assets, I can't control access to just those asset types, at least not that I am aware of.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Chromebook Asset Inventory Import GSuite

When importing Chromebooks from GSuite, make it so it doesn't import deprovisioned chromebooks or add a way to sync only specific OU's or exclude specific OU's to prevent license overage.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Usage of Select Queries for Custom Asset Fields

The Idea is not new: It would be very useful if we can use Select queries in Asset Custom Fields like we can use it in Servicedesk.

I think it shouldn´t be a big deal to "copy" this function from Servicedesk in Asset-Management.

Please implement this function!

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 3 4 6 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base