SMA (K1000)

Please tell us how you’d like to see the Systems Management Appliance product improved!

How can we improve the SMA (K1000)?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to map the user (owner) of an asset to the asset when importing

When importing a csv file of assets, I need to be able to assign that asset to an existing user. To do this manually is very tedious and time consuming.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Asset Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sharepoint API for K1000 inventory

It would be nice to have an API to import the inventory from the k1000 to Sharepoint so I don't have to export a csv and then create a list that way.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Asset Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Asset Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. multiple nic

My customer would like to be able to choose a network interface on an endpoint with multiple, NIC. Now we can see the list, but we can't choose which to use.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When importing assets, remove already mapped csv fields

When importing assets, please remove already mapped csv fields. When you have many custom fields, scrolling through the lists each time you want to map a field can be extremely time consuming.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Bar code scanning from custom made asset types other than the device asset type

Right now you can only bar code scan to the device asset type. Everything has a bar code such as monitors, printers, scanners, etc..... can we have the ability to bar code scan from custom made asset types as well as the device asset type?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I would like to see the hardcoded "Assigned To" field available for every asset type for easier searching

Computers have a hard coded "Assigned To" field that populates the last user that logged in. All other assets don't have this field so when searching it creates discrepencies. I'd like an "Assigned To" field that can be searched for all devices.

As of now, if I search for a users name under "All assets" it only returns the PC
    If I search the users name under "monitors" it returns their 2 monitors.

I would like a search under "All Assets" to return both the computer AND the monitors.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Barcode scanning: Improved Asset Management

It has been an exciting year for our Asset Management Barcode Scanning tool 'BarKode' .

BarKode 3 launched in the middle of the year, offering even faster high speed barcode scanning technology with improved features to ease the pain of your asset management within your KACE platform by making this easier and faster at the touch of a button on your iOS or Android Phone, tablet or device.

Recent features to make Barkode even better include Secondary Scanning , allowing you to not only scan in the asset tag but also any secondary information at a click of a button…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to save field mapping as configuration item on Import Assets.

When importing assets from CSV file, the wizard requires field mappings. we must check them.
    Because repeating the check is very complicated, it maybe causes mistake when many fields should be mapped.

Can the wizard give mapping fields automatically to import fields that are assumed from headers of CSV?
    Or can K1000 save/use configurations parts of Import processes?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. warranty expiration reminders

While the Warranty information on the computer inventory is great, woudl it be possible to send reminders based on that information alerting relevant parties to the fact that the warranty is about to expire?

I would also like to be able to group machines based on the warranty level?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. View by > No Subtype

Add the option for viewing inventory items that do not have a subtype. The Advanced Search seems to not have the ability to filter out devices with a subtype using the built in operators including RegEx. At least it doesn't in Inventory.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Upload barcode image into Kace with Kace Go

As an admin, along with the ability to scan barcodes, I would like to be able to upload a picture of the asset's barcode image to the asset record directly from the app.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Provide option to have Multi-select for users

I would like the option to have specific asset type have the ability to have more than one user assigned to them.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. in the asset types, be able to move asset types alphabetically in the asset type

I can add asset subtypes to a specific asset but cannot change the order in the drop down menu alphabetically. If I get a new device for that asset type, it gets appended to the end of the list and I have no way to move it up in the list to be in proper alphabetical order. I'd like to be able to move it so that it is easy to search when adding an asset.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add an "Exemption" Feature for Computers I don't want Auto-Archived

If we have multiple segments of users within an organize, for example: team members, Board members and contractors and all are provided a domain computer, however the frequency in which each computer will connect with KACE will be different upon their organizational role. For example if I set Auto-Archiving (MIA) to 120 days intended for the team members segment and Board members dont use their computers within the 120 days, their computers are then scheduled to be Auto-Archived because they connect quarterly or they are unable to Connect for an extended period of time. This then causes an issue because…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Primary Qwner

I would like to see a field in the Device Inventory for "Primary Owner" of a Computer. It would be nice if settings could be available that work like this:

1. If the "Primary Owner" field is empty and a user logs into a computer "X" number of times (consecutively), that user is listed in the "Primary Owner" field. If a user has not logged into the computer "X" number of times, the "Primary Owner" field remains empty.

2. If the "Primary Owner" field is not empty and a user other than the "Primary Owner" logs into the computer, "X"…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Attach from cloud based storage

I think it would be awesome to be able attach files from cloud based storage to assets.

How we manage assets we typicaly get a quote, save it as a PDF, then get a PO which is also anothe PDF. Eventually we get a PDF of the actualy invoice and another PDF of the packing slip.

We try to make this a single PDF, so it would be cool to just have an attachment feature allowing you to automatically link a file from a cloud storage service just by searching for the file name. Then we wouldn't have to delete…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Is there a way to have someone only have add permissions to the assets piece?

Basically right now you have Read, Write and Hide options. If you give Read you cannot add, if you give Write permissions you can both add and delete. How can we get a role setup to only be able to add but not deleted items from the Asset Management piece on the K1000?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. asset history - export to xls and a feature to import the asset history log

we would like to have the features where the asset history log can be exported and imported to k1000

thank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Create smart label based on Asset Status

It would be helpful to create a smart label based on Asset status. For instance, we could target assets/devices with the "missing" status and run a script against that label that pushes stronger security to it, like complete lockout.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base