SMA (K1000)

Please tell us how you’d like to see the Systems Management Appliance product improved!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Maintence windows by label

Allow to build patching windows to be set based on labels like scam does containers. This way all managed installs and patching can be limited by a label instead of having to build this out for all managed installs and patching.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Patch Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. patching force reboot

Patching, Force reboot even if the patch not require reboot or no patches installed.
    I want to build a schedule that always reboots it´s clients before it´s finished.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Patch Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sort Columns in Patch Catalog with Number as Such (Not as Strings)

The "Installed", "Missing" and "Error" fields in the Patch Catalog to not sort correctly. They sort alphabetically instead of numerically. Please fix this.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When using no reboot option, notification to let the user know they can reboot

We use the no reboot option for servers. We would like the ability to leave a popup notification that updates have been applied and reboot when they can. Also show the patches that are being applied

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Additional patch schedule parameter: offset schedule by X days/hours

The existing run on the {first/second/third...} {Monday/Tuesday...} scheduling option isn't useful for us. Yes, Microsoft puts patches out each Tuesday, but we always patch a certain number of days after Patch Tuesday.

Having an offset value of x number of days after that would allow us to set a patch schedule once, and it would always fit our schedule.

Example: "Run on the Second Tuesday of Every Month at 21:00, Offset by 2 days" would set our patch schedule to run at 9pm the Thursday after Patch Tuesday.

This can't be done with the existing options. If I set it…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Fix the smart label wizard in Dell Updates so that it doesn't reset the criteria fields after each test/create.

Currently, whenever you Test or Create a smart label of Dell Updates, it resets the non-Catalog fields of the wizard. If you're not paying attention, you could test a label, get the correct output and then create it incorrectly due to these fields being reset to default.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Dell Update Schedule Detail page needs fixing

I don't know if this is a localization issue or what, but in our version of KACE SMA (8.0.320), there are some confusing and/or broken options in the "Schedule" section of the Dell Update Schedule Detail page.

I was directed here by support, but this isn't really a feature request, this is a flat-out bug IMO.

In Normal patch management, there is a checkbox to enable run-on-reconnect if a device is offline at the scheduled time, and input boxes for "delay run" and "end after", where you can enter a number of minutes for each setting.

In Dell Updates, there…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. alphabetize lists by default

There seem to be a few sections (such as the Patching Detect/Deploy Status section under Device Detail) that present lists that I immediately have to click on the top of the column to alphabetize the list. These should be alphabetical by name by default.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Have a red line in 3rd party patch management

Currently some patches are disabled, without providing the latest patch.
    ex. 7-zip, latest version for download on K1000 is ver. 15.14, but is in disabled state, properly because ver. 16 is released from 7-zip.org, but if i takes 10 business days until ver. 16 is ready for download, then i those 10 business day, then i am not able to patch ver. 15.14.
    However in Adobe Flash Player, latest version on K1000 is 21.0.0.213, and its available, even 21.0.0.241 is released from Adobe.
    I would like that latest version on all 3rd party components, would be active, until a new…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. xps

Please add the XPS 12 9Q33 to Dell Update Catalog.

Missing for too long..

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Support for Slovak language in Patch Management

K1000 currently does not support Slovak language versions of Windows, therefore patching is not possible. It would be nice to have this feature.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hide Patch Schedules with devices and labels out of scope for user

The K1000 8.0 permission changes prevent users in a limited sub-admin role from adding out-of-scope devices/labels to a patch schedule. It also prevents them from running these schedules.

The user can however still view these patch schedules and remove/modify them. It would be better if any schedule containing an out-of-scope device/label were simply hidden from the user. This would prevent them from accidentally, or intentionally, deleting or breaking an existing schedule.

Alternatively, allow specific patch schedules to be restricted based on role setting.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Tray icon color changes if patches are pending

For the KACE agent tray icon, I would like to see the color be something different, maybe yellow, when there are patches pending that need to be install. That way, when a technician say is working on it, he could go ahead and push patches to the machine to see if a patch resolves an issue.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ability to Export Patches in Native .MSU format

Currently patches can only be exported in the .kpkg format. Having the ability to export in the native Microsoft format will allow one to patch a system that is either having issues with the KBOX client, or another server in your enviornment that is not managed by the KBOX.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow for reboots before detect and deploy cycles

We have encountered many times when a user leaves for the day without logging out, rebooting, etc and as a result patches fail to install because an application is running. It would be nice to be able to say as part of a patch schedule "reboot prior to detection" or "reboot prior to deployment." In my case, I want the patch cycle to look something like this:
    Run detection
    IF patches are required, reboot prior to deployment (to ensure all applications are closed)
    Deploy patches
    reboot if reboot is required

There of course would need to be alert mechanisms for…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Patch Management and Dell Updates

In a managed installation you have the possibility to perform the installation at boot. It would be helpful if you also introduce these settings for Patch Management and Dell Updates.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Send e-mail report each time the supported applications and operating systems for patching documentation is updated

Please implement a way to notify users via e-mail each time the "KACE SMA - K1000 Patching Support" document is updated. Currently, we do not know that this list has been updated until we manually open up the link and view the attachment, which potentially could lead to compliance issues. Example of this attachment is located here: https://support.quest.com/kb/112030/supported-applications-and-operating-systems-for-patching

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Alerts additional schedule option

With current version of K1000 it's possible to schedule deployments on patching on preselected dates like run on the first Thursday of each month, second Saturday, etc.
    I would like to have same option for Distribution/Alerts. Currently there is no way to send alert remaining users to shutdown their programs ( like day before )
    before updates will be executed on second Saturday of the month. You can only setup specific day or same day recurrence ( like every 10th day of month )
    It will be great if both patching and alerts schedules can be run on same set…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Patching scheduler needs granular selection of the months for "Run On The" options

Windows Task Scheduler gives a check box for select all months or you can granularly select the months you want to run a schedule on. This would be a good feature to add to the KACE patching scheduler.

Current scheduler will require me to create 6 schedules for a job that I have to run every OTHER month on the Third Friday of those months. The schedules would be much cleaner if I could just select the months I want the schedule to run on.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. email

I would like to have an email alert option on some patch jobs to email me when the job is complete instead of having the check back at the console.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base