SMA (K1000)

Please tell us how you’d like to see the Systems Management Appliance product improved!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Integrate notes in Label wizards

The ability to define notes (and edit notes) via the wizard would be ideal. Also having a mouseover event that shows notes in the UI in places other than the label management screen.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  UX  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Wizards for creating AD Labels

When creating labels in the K1000, launch a wizard that will actively query AD and let you pick the OU or group in AD to use in a label. This would eliminate the need to construct your own LDAP query. The browse function in the AD areas are a bit clunky to navigate through and it still wont populate variables like (KBOX_COMPUTER_NAME) or (KBOX_USER).

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Would like the ability to turn on or off the splash screen

Would like the ability to turn on or off the splash screen.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  UX  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Date start on sunday

Ability to change the start date on the pop up calendar. Most calendars start on Sunday not Monday

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  UX  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Create Smart label from Inventory

The option to create a smart label from any process, software, or service. Say i drill down to the process iexplore.exe. It would be nice if there was button/link that would automatically create a smart label based on the process, service, or software you had pulled up

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  UX  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Improve performance when using Internet Explorer (IE) Web Browser

Currently, it is slow to use IE to navigate the KBOX UI. Using Google Chrome or Firefox is MUCH faster. Often there are update delays which cause mis-clicks etc. This isn't always an issue for IT staff, as installing alternative browsers is generally our prerogative. For end-users, or lower tier staffers who can't/don't install alternative browsers, IE is very slow and prevents "acceptance" among users.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add reboot or other machine actions to the Machine Action or Choose Action button

I would like to be able to restart computers from the Computer inventory Choose Action button or Computer Item Detail page Machine Action button.
    I've got scripts that can do this, but it would be much more convenient when you find a machine with patch status of "Reboot Pending", if you could click "reboot selected machines now".

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow sorting by column under security>Detect and deploy patches>(schedulename)>Show All

I have more systems in a patch schedule than are visible on one page and it would be helpful in monitoring progress if I could sort them by status, name, or other collumn.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Keep View By Settings When Navigating To and From a Webpage

If it would be possible to have the View By setting stored in a cookie so when you go to a webpage (eg Inventory), your last search was still there rather than constantly typing or selecting a label for your search.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Upon Logging in show labels

Not that this is a big deal but it would be great if a user could choose their default view of the K1000 Inventory. I always go and click "Show Labels" everytime I log in. Labels are an important of my Inventory and thus use a lot of them.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow different color schemes and text styles for toaster pop-ups

The KACE would work well as an alerting system if the toaster pop-ups were more user friendly. The scripting popup is extremely limited in length, all popups look the same, and popups can't hold text styles. This leads to users ignoring instructions in the popups because they don't see a difference between an MI telling them it is done, a script with post-install instructions, and an alert telling them there is an approaching tornado.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. title

When managing the kbox, none of the pages have a title, so on my taskbar as it ever says it Firefox or Internet Explorer.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  UX  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Stop wasting space at the top of the page

The static frame at the top of the web UI wastes a lot of space. Please make it much smaller.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Page names

I have lots of tabs open, I have lots of Kace Tabs open, which one is which? They're all named K1000 Administration Interface.

Could page names be added?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Navigation Menu - pop-out when hidden instead of unhide on navigation

I would love to use the hide Nav Menu feature, it would improve crucial horizontal screen real estate, but I never do because every time I click on something in the menu it just un-hides it.

It would be markedly better if when toggled hidden the menu just stayed hidden and becomes a pop-out instead. This functionality isn't new, may sites do this. KACE's "View by:" also does something similar though has overlapping issues.

I brought this up at the last conference.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Refresh button in single computer inventory view

In order to track dell updates etc this would be a nice feature. Refresh web-page (F5) triggers re-login and returns to home screen so there is no way to refresh the single computer inventory page without going back to inventory listing

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  UX  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Clickable links in Asset management

Item(s) in assets should be CLICKABLE links especially if the item(s) have pages/information related that is located on the KBOX.

This enables MUCH faster navigation when seeking information in the Asset database or within the kbox.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  UX  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. After click save, don't go back to listing

After you click "save" on a script, don't go back to the default scripts page, then you have to search for the script that you were working on again... This happens for managed installs and other thigns as well...

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Update survey emails to streamline feedback submission

Would like to see the survey emails contain the 1-5 star rating as a hyperlink, so that the user can just click on a rating and have the survey result logged with a single click. Then the user can be directed to the website so they can add comments as well if they so chose.

My company is looking to drive survey engagement and we think that streamlining the feedback process could increase the number of responses we are seeing.

Thank you,

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Roles: Attach labels

It would be handy to attach certain labels to roles so any members/users of certain roles will automatically have specific labels associated to them.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  UX  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base