SMA (K1000)

Please tell us how you’d like to see the Systems Management Appliance product improved!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Smart Labels - Ability to force refresh of ASSET based ones

Possibly create a new Smart Label category which is primarily asset based. In our situation we use the asset information to select extra packages which are visible to this machine in helpdesk and also during imaging. Being able to force refresh on asset only (ie labels which dont require any information from an inventory) smart labels would be great. It would mean that we could sell a license key to a student, select what ever it is as an available package and not have to wait for his machine to check in. It would speed things up quite a bit.…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  UX  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve search when in a custom view

When we are using the 'Active Incidents' view or a "Custom' view we would like the search results to be based on the filter.

When I search 'Active Incidents' for 'printer' I only want to see results for tickets that aren't closed but contain the word 'printer'

If I wanted to search for 'printer' in all tickets, including closed, i would set the view to 'All Incidents' then search for printers.

I hope that makes sense!

Cheers
    Greg

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. ISO 8601 yyyy-mm-dd date format

Version 7.2 appears to have removed the ISO 8601 date format of yyyy-mm-dd, as all of the English localisation options are only mm/dd/yyyy or dd/mm/yyyy. Please return the ISO date format as an option.

Part of the problem is that Canada uses all three date formats, even in different federal government departments, even though we adopted ISO 8601 in 1989, but the Canadian localization for dd/mm/yyyy isn't helpful.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  UX  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Drop Down lists for labels

I would like drop down lists to be available when I am building labels. For Example: If I select Operating system =. I would like the system to list all of my Operating systems as part of a drop down list instead of me having to type the o/s name in a free text field.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add the user name field to the patch schedule summary

When going over the patch schedule summary it would be really nice to be able to quickly track down a computer based on the user who is logged into it.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Folders for sorting Scripts

On our K1000, we have a lot of scripts and managed installations. Each one of these relate to different change requests or different incidents, some are related to the same request.

It would be great if we could have folders for sorting them all.

Managed installations can be sorted via Labels. So we can view different categories that way (not the best, would prefer a folder structure, but we make do with what we have).

But for scripts, there is no such thing. I would like to see the ability to create folders, and be able to place scripts in…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow labeling from inside a software detail

It would make life easier if we could label a group of users right from a software detail page instead of creating a filter. We already have the information we're looking for right in front of us

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Option to turn off specific Smart Labels or disable them temporarily.

When a task assigned to a smart label doesn't work as expected the ability to disable the smart label would immediately remove the machines from the task instead of having to wait for the task to complete.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. title

When managing the kbox, none of the pages have a title, so on my taskbar as it ever says it Firefox or Internet Explorer.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  UX  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Link to go back to K1000 Admin UI from User Console

Link to go back to K1000 Admin UI from User Console

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Undo last action

A testing environment for changes is important sure, but we've all done things and then immediately realised we shouldn't have.

I'd like to see an 'Undo' button which reverts your most recent action. It would be great if this could work anywhere - if you changed a setting on the K1000 which had undesired effects, simply 'Undo' and those changes would reverse out.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The pop-up in Chrome when logging into K1000 should be fixed

It is annoying to close that pop-up every time when a user logs into the admin site. If SM K1000 wants to become enterprise software, Quest should consider every UX detail.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Multiple Select custom fields in user detail

I'd like to name custom fields for user details, eg, "Peripherals", with a dropdown menu of multiple items that can be selected, eg "22 inch home monitor, mouse, keyboard, Verizon MiFi hotspot, external hard drive."

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Asset - Ability to make quick changes

A quick edit button which appears on hover for each individual field in the table view which you could use to make quick changes while still being able to view the information of all assets as a whole? This could tie into the bulk edit idea by Andrew to use one quick changed asset as a template for bulk changes.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  UX  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Helpful items to reinstate and scrolling in new interface.

1) Installation path for default installations with parameters for managed installs.
    2) Replication tasks to be completed column, older versions show how many mb were still left to be replicated form the initial replication menu and you didn't have to drill into the replication item to knwo that there was still replication to be completed.
    3) Patching statistics in the security menu, used to be able to tell how your organization stood on critical patch management from the home page, some graphs here would be nice for completion, errors, etc. of scheduled patches.
    4) I spend more time scrolling when…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability to quickly apply attributes to objects

When I check the box to select a particular object and then select 'choose action' and then select an action such as adding a label to an inventory. It would be nice to change what happens after this.

If you are trying to quickly add multiple labels to an object it would be nice if that object stayed checked so you could add additional labels. If I need to apply 5 labels to 10 different machines it can be tedious to have to select the name of each one, and then scroll down and add the labels, and do this…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Adding Items to Labels from the Label Edit Screen

I would like to be able to add scripts, managed installs,patches, users, etc. directly to the label from the label edit screen without having to go directly to each item and add it to the label there.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  UX  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Batch assign asset field values based upon smartlabel membership

It would be great to have an ability to create a smartlabel that identifies a group of machines, then use that smartlabel to assign a static value to an asset field for those machines.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  UX  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Logo Override - allow override to occur prior to first log on

UserConsole Logo Does Not Show Up Until Second Log On (179778):
    https://support.software.dell.com/k1000-systems-management-appliance/kb/179778

I realize this is working as designed according to the KB article above, but this is bad design. Logo Override needs to be allowed to occur even before the user first logs on.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)