SMA (K1000)

Please tell us how you’d like to see the Systems Management Appliance product improved!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. SCAP scan results - would like ability to delete "not applicable"

I would like the ability to delete "not applicable" results in Security-->SCAP Scan-->Scan Results "SCAP Configuration Scan Results"

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  UX  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Filters are cleared once label is applied

After applying a label to an advanced filter the filter is removed and all results are shown.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Reorder the TimeZones in Date and time Settings.

they're currently listed in alphabetical order of some city within the time zone, not by the time zone name, or the time relative to GMT like every other application does. Since it doesn't list time by the city I live in, I had to read every single America\.... entry to find one that was in the correct time zone.

A simple UTC-0500 would suffice...

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  UX  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Filter inventory by Description

In WoL, we have the ability to filter machines by the computer description, which is exceptionally convenient for us since we have the user's name as the PC description. I would like to see this filtering option go across the entire product, specifically the Service Desk. When the SD is entering tickets, the user's assigned machine and asset are not entered automatically. Since we can currently only filter by PC name, we have to go to Inventory and search there, causing the ticket entering to take longer with extra steps. The same goes for Run Now in Scripting.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add the URL name back to browser tab because you can tell if I was in helpdesk, inventory, assets, etc, easily

Add the URL name back to browser tab because you can tell if I was in helpdesk, inventory, assets, etc, easily when yo have multiple browser tab open

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Update UI for service desk as user

The current portal for users has a very dated feel to it. It reminds me of old VB script default layouts.

Everything is small, and arranged on the page in a very "dump it all in there" manner. Look to products like zendesk for an updated, user friendly design.

Really the whole product needs this treatment, but at the very least the user portal should be updated as it encourages users to actually use the portal.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Color Border

Would it be possible to change the border color to the page? Instead of a blue shading could we have more options?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add more variables to the Device Actions menu. I would like to have a variable for the MAC address.

Add more variables to the Device Actions menu. I would like to have a variable for the MAC address. That way I can add a WOL device action.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. More granular control of what a use is shown on computer information tab

Our users find the information on the computer tab too detailed. Would like to be able to just show the first table, not software, hardware. . ..

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  UX  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Nav header build out, please increase limit from 3 or use last 2 tail items

The navigation header build out at the top of the page looks to be limited to 3 items "main section > secondary > current location", ie Security › Patch Management › Patch Detail.

This adds extra clicks to get back to previous page you were on if it is more than 3 deep.

For usability sake please allow deeper build out or change it so last 2 are on the tail end. There is plenty of horizontal screen real estate to build this out past 3 items and I don't know if there is a case that would have more…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Give the admin the ability to change the UI

The flat-look UI in 8.1 is a disaster. Who on earth thought it was a good idea to emulate Win10? The stark white with light grey is very hard on the eyes. Give the Admin the ability to revery to a proper colour scheme or even better the UI from 7.x.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Searching

The upgrade to 5.3.47927 has made a change that is just a real pain. When we enter something in the search box and hit enter like we have for the several years we have use the product it does not search. You have to use the mouse to click the search button.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  UX  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add alphabetical links to pages in Software Inventory listing.

In addition to the Next Page link it would be useful to have links to A, B, C etc. pages to navigate to the software title listings beginning with that letter

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  UX  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Create a popup "Save changes" window

We have created two templates in our K1000 for creating software install scripts. The idea is to duplicate the template, and then make modifications to the job. How great would it be if after you spend a few minutes modifying that script if you forgot to save that a popup would ask you if you wanted to save before you navigate away from that page!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Remove Roles

Under Roles>choose action, there is only the option to 'apply roles' to a group of selected individuals but not the option to remove roles from selected individuals. So if an IT admin made the mistake of assigning a 100-1000 users the wrong role, he/she will now have to go through each one and remove the role manually. If the drop down has the option to apply a role to all selected users, it should also have the option to remove a role to all selected users.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Shortcuts on homescreen

For the admin Console it would be nice to be able to create custom shortcuts to have a faster way to access points of interest in the console, such as Setting - Users or even Assets - view by BlahBlah

this would be nice addition to minimize time shifting through the various tabs of the interface.

Not sure if General Feedback is the right category for this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Devices List - allow IP visible without Machine Action as its slow to render

For the Devices list Custom Visibility options, please either give an additional option for IP only or separate the Machine Action from IP as the Machine Action dropdown's are slow to render and I don't use them (because of activex) but I still want to see IPs.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Editable Pre and Post Installation Messages per Label

Editable Pre and Post Installation Messages per Label to use for multilanguage software deployment

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. graphical calculation of Replication bandwidth to bits per second

Since you probably can't change the replication share bandwidth settings to be in bits per second without breaking something, could we at least get a graphic of the calculation from bytes per second to bits per second (or even to the closest whole number Kbps/Mbps/Gbps) just below the bytes per second setting. As bandwidth is measured bits and not bytes.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base