SMA (K1000)

Please tell us how you’d like to see the Systems Management Appliance product improved!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. basic health check option for appliance prior to upgrading

A health check scan option next to the upgrade appliance that can be ran to do a quick scan on the appliance to make sure there are plenty of resources available to do an upgrade (for the next available version). If scan fails, a list of resources taxing the appliance will show so a customer would know what they need to free up or suspend prior to performing an upgrade.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Appliance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Label IDs for Smart Label Criteria

Currently, I have a few smart labels that depend on other labels. This works as intended, but doesn't feel correct. For example, I have a label called ML-ManualUpdates that has several conditions like:
    "Label Names = ML-NoUpdates"

However, if I ever rename ML-NoUpdates to something else, ML-ManualUpdates will no longer work as I intended. I noticed that the labels have an ID that is used internally in the database and can be seen on the label's page URL. Is it possible to have labels depend on these IDs? Then, labels would still function no matter the name.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Appliance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. List to display patches that have been applied to the K1000

Similar to the Updates log, it would be nice if there was a log that specifically listed patches and hotfixes that were applied to the K1000 appliance itself.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Update license without reboot

In the 5.5 era, the K1000 was able to apply updated licenses without a reboot. This was ideal, but somewhere along the way the developers decided that license updates require a reboot, which requires an after hours maintenance window. My company frequently adds licenses to allow for more nodes, and this is a very inconvenient task. Please reintroduce the old method.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Improve File System layout

Currently there are 2 main partitions, \kbox and \kbackup.

When patches, software or other items fill the disk the system stops working correctly. The OS and downloadable content should be on separate partitions to prevent this from happening.

You can even assign a specific size for each area. I.E.
    \Kbox - basic OS
    \kbakcup - backups
    \Software - 100 GB for Software installations
    \Patches - 100 GB for Patches

Thus when we fill up patches, everything else will still work. Then we can work on freeing space for patches.

This would also help in the request for more feedback on…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Update "Enable SNMP READ access" to use SNMPv3

KACE SMA currently only supports SNMP read access with a community string. For security reasons we would like an upgrade to v3 to support a credentialed login.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. alertas en tiempo real

que al entrar al alconsola salga un indicador de equipos con poco espacio en disco, cambios en al ram, cambio de IP, nombre de equipo.
    no realizar un reporte para tener esta informcion.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Force new export of packages even if they are marked as having a matching version

As it is:
    If a package was exported but deleted from the share you must return to all of the packages marked as having the same version and save them to change the status on the export page. This is time consuming.
    Change:
    Please add a "FORCE" option to allow the packages to be exported regardless of status. Thus replenishing the restore folder quickly after someone deletes the packages.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Inventory: make the "Assigned to" field as link or popup

In the inventory of a computer please make the "Assigned To" name as a link to the user or let the information popup like in an service desk ticket. The attached screenshot shows the popup.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Delete from MIA only if license count is reached

We currently have MIA Inventory set to delete if the device hasn't checked in in over 50 days. We do this to stay under our license count. I think it would be really beneficial to have an extra option that only deletes MIA computers if we have reached or are near the license count.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Verification of the information fields on the configuration of the ip adress, mac as is done on the internet site when checking the validity

Verification of the information fields on the configuration of the ip adress, mac as is done on the internet site when checking the validity

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Viewer for Event Log

Event logs are uploaded to the KBOX using the Event Log Dumper. However, the file is a TXT and is difficult to read. It would be helpful if it opened in a viewer. It would also be helpful if the same viewer could be used to access the logs live on connected machines.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Improve support for Exchange

Connecting the KACE through Exchange shouldn't be such an involved process. Creating a wizard for this would likely improve setup time greatly.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Appliance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Create a K1000 remote appliance.

This would allow better inventory processing and possible allow Kbox to manage different domains. I currently have very poor/ high latency connections for some of my remote sites and have chosen to maintain a separate Domain infrastructure for easy of management. These poor connections also interfere with the Device inventory process. This would be an expansion of the already existing File Replication process. I would also like to see improvements in seeding of the remote file share.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Migrate SQL database

I would like to move the MySQL database to a full install of SQL 2012R2 server. This would free up resources on our vSphere and also allow all of the database processing to be dedicated on a standalone server. Since the database is running on MySQL, the database is limited to the amount of processing power it currently utilizes (not to mention, it is not an enterprise standard). Please implement this soon!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow backup dump of the Kace database for another server to serve the database

We are seeing that sometimes using the Kace appliance to do the reports can be very slow, and when we have reports running on the appliance, this can make the appliance go even slower.

I would like a way to export the whole database from the appliance so another server or even another Kace appliance, but basically I want to be able to have another server or appliance be used do the reporting instead of using my production Kace appliance.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add more fields to "Create Smart Label"

Currently, you can only define 4 criteria for either Patch Listing "Create Smart Label" or looking under Inventory "Create Smart Label".

I would like the ability to have available or to click to add additional criteria fields. This ability is CRITICAL in being able to properly define patches.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  Dean Wade responded

In 5.5, we have implemented new smart label capabilities in many screens. Smart Label improvements in Patching and Service desk will be targeted in 6.0

18. Installation language

Ability to select among mulitiple installation languages would make this softwar more intressting.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to set Manager to Unassigned in User Detail

Manager field was recently added to the User Detail screen. After manually assigning a Manager to my user record, I am now unable to change it back to 'Unassigned'. It does not appear in the drop-down list.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Appliance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. creating CIR and be able to include a smart label and not be super seeded by the chosen operating systems

When creating a CIR (Custom Inventory Rule) and applying a smart label to select certain specific devices from my query and the supported operating systems chosen.
    the smart label does take in affect because of the supported operating systems super seeds the smart label.

the smart label and supported operating systems when creating a CIR must coexist together. The selection of supported operating systems must not super seed a smart label.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base