SMA (K1000)

Please tell us how you’d like to see the Systems Management Appliance product improved!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Appliance "License Information" needs to be able to tell which license key is still valid.

This is in regards to the APPLIANCE license key. The license key that you apply when going through the EULA screen during initial virtual appliance set up, for example. The license key allows you to manage X amount of client computers under the Inventory list. Currently, in order to obtain support for the appliance with latest updates, technical support, etc... you must have a valid license key applied to the appliance.

Example of the problem:
    - Purchase license key that allow 500 nodes to be managed under Inventory. Expires December 2018. Licensing department provides a license key for this via…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Appliance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enhancement of Kace (Automating ticketing Systems)

I wish that the ticketing system of Kace be provided with the option of setting ticketing section to send automated responses to tickets submitted under certain category based on certain hours like after hours or weekends. Then follow up with responses to user that originated the ticket and send replies to IT Technicians. At the end, if the ticket is not closed, it should generate a reminder intermittently as in say every 4hours or so.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ability to see if device is online / offline from software detail page

From the software detail page, we usually see which machines need to be brought up to the latest version, it would be helpful if we could see if the machine is online/offline from this page. I know on the far right there is something that shows you when it was last inventoried, but depending how many labels that device has applied to it, this goes offscreen. Also the ability to do device actions from this page (ping, bomgar jump, etc) would also greatly make our jobs easier..

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Prevent user from choosing too many columns under "Column Visibility" menus

I just had a SR because my own user account 's Devices screen got corrupted when i choose one too many columns from the Column Visibility customization menu. The Reset Default Layout option was broken too. KACE support had to tether my k1000 to fix the issue for me, There is no mention of a limitation on amount of columns in the admin guide, but if you do what i did, it could break the user account's view of the screen. Granted the column i was adding was a from a custom attribute i created in Computer Assets, but the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Create a token for "problem description" so that we can include that on emails.

Create a token for "problem description" so that we can include that on emails.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Appliance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Filtering Log File/Live View of Patching

I like to look at log files while an operation is in process. Sure, I can TRUST the Kace SMA that it is doing what it is supposed to be doing with patches, but I'd like to be able to see step-by-step where it is in the process. I can get an idea in the Access log within the SMA; however it would be nice to see a live log file specific to patching rather than seeing everything that's going on.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Orgs had the option to lockdown number of agents (node count purchased) per Org

If account purchased 1000 agent nodes to be spread across 4 Orgs, there's nothing built into the appliance where they can lock down the maximum number of nodes to be used per Orgs and it always has to be regulated. If a node number could be locked down by the IT admin, there wouldn't need to be a need to keep managing that aspect of the Org among other Orgs to make sure the maximum number is enforced.

This would also be good for agentless node count. Thirdly, the ability to report on agent/agentless node counts used/available per Org and…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Drivelock

We use Drivelock instead of Bitlocker. It would be great if we could have the kbox check the Drivelock encryption status (like Bitlocker). This info could maybe shown in the hardware section so we can generate reports on it to make sure our machines are fully encrypted. If that won't work maybe we can have a default Kace script that will check the percentage encrypted and other items.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Appliance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I would like to have Kace image in the following formats as our cloud provides only ISO, QCOW2 and RAW

We have a new cloud environment which is an upgrade from our existing formats where the below image formats are supported
    ISO, QCOW2 and RAW

Does Kace has any plans to have images on these formats.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. In the installation of the OVF file in VMWare the section to select the language to continue the installation.

The setup has English selected as the default and you can not proceed due to the highlighted English is not an option. You have to scroll down 3 or 4 languages to English then proceed. A little confusing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Virtualisation Tools

It'll be great to have virtualisation's tools (like VMware Tools et Windows Integration Services).
    It'ss help administration for stopping/starting the SDA and SMA appliance controled by the hypervisor when maintenance are only a standalone hypervisor.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Granular history for audit purposes

We would like the ability to specify which items to keep history and for how long. Currently, we have it set to 3 months and our DB is 11gig. We dont need to keep some of that history for that long and some things we need to keep for 2-3 years for HIPAA. Adding Granularity or some other way to keep history would be great

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please have a feature to customize the default asset fields. For e.g, renaming "Location" to "Data Center"

Please have a feature to customize the default asset fields. For e.g, renaming "Location" to "Data Center"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base