SDA (K2000)

Please tell us how you’d like to see the System Deployment Appliance product improved!

1. Add support for Dell ImageDirect images

We have a set of Windows images on Dell's ImageDirect site that would be nice to upload over to the K2000, either from the site, or via ISO files.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Alex Au Yeung responded

In the future, we may have a much tighter integration with Dell factory processes, where you can use your K2000 as a ‘Dell-Factory-in-a-Box’

2. Have Host Name displayed in the Systems Inventory when you boot a pc to the KBE

I am deploying Windows 7 on pc's that currently have Windows XP.
    They XP machines have never been booted in the Kace 2100.
    I am hoping for a solution that when I boot a existing domain pc into the KBE that the Host name would appear with or with out the IP address.
    (Right now I have hundreds of PC's to deploy and I am labeling the Host Name Manually for the IP address)

Also If you did not have a hostname for the pc yet because It is a brand new workstation. Once a Image or Scripted Install is…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Create a Retire Option

Create a "retire" setting for KBEs, SIs, images, pre/post-install tasks, etc so they are preserved on the KBOX, but they don't appear on boot menu/post install list unless un-retired

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The main issue is space; if you have that many KBE/SI/Images/Tasks, you are likely running low on space. Wouldn’t things be better served by exporting/deleting? Reimport when you need them again? Nevertheless, with external storage being available to everyone as of next version, this will be a more compelling feature we’ll look into.

4. Built in Auto-Update of certain post install tasks

For a lot of my post install tasks i add features like java/flash player/IE - would it be possible to have the k2000 come with a set of built in tasks that auto update to the latest current version instead of me having to make a new post install task for each new version of the following:

flash
    java
    IE
    air

so if we had a built in "latest or current java" post install task it would be an automatically updated post installation task.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This unfortunately would require the K2 to have similar functionality to the K1. If there is software that needs to be up-to-date on your endpoints, you would likely be better served with the advanced features of the K1 instead.

5. Built-in Wiki and/or Customizable Main Page

Along with the idea of a customizable MOTD, I'd love to see a build in customizable or even basic wiki to add how-tos for new employees being trained to use our KACE system and to reference things and changed we've made.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We will be revamping the UI to include customizable dashboards in the future; this will be a consideration during that time.

6. Upload Background Image for PXE Graphical Boot Menu

I would like to be able to change the background of the PXE graphical boot menu to the logo of my organization. I am able to manually do this with FogProject but am not allowed SSH access to the K2000.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide estimated size when purging unused K-image files

It would be helpful to see an estimated size calculation before attempting to purge K-image files.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

SDA (K2000)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base