SDA (K2000)

Please tell us how you’d like to see the System Deployment Appliance product improved!

1. Monitoring on all Windows OS

I would like to be able to monitor all systems, not just servers. This would be a really big help.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable option when installing the Virtual K2000 to choose min-OS if creating a larger off-board storage or allow to set size of OVF drive.

Currently the K2000 virtual appliance only comes with hard coded drive sizes.

This would be better used if we could set the option to set the hard drive to the size of drive or select a size as 500GB may not be large enough.

Another option would be to have the option upon install to choose minimum drive size for the OS, then create the off-board storage feature to what ever storage size is desired.

The same process could also be uses for the Remote Site Appliances as well

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Be able to restore the K2000 database

I just found out that you can not restore the K2000 database even though you can backup the K2000 database. I want to be able to have all my settings if there is a catastrophic failure with my server or just need to refresh the hardware. I have to recreate all my labels, users, Ldap authentication, all my general settings, date time settings, relink all of my RSAs and K1000.

139 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  10 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Increase frequency of updates to the KBE Driver Packs and notification when KBE's have been updated

When new Dell workstations are purchased, I have to download the drivers from the Dell website because the NIC or Storage drivers aren't compatible with new Dell hardware.

I'd like for the KBE's to be a step ahead (or at least even) with the release of new hardware.

Also, I'd like notification that a new KBE driver pack is available. A date on the Dell KBE download page would be an improvement. There is nothing now.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  Ken Galvin responded

Note that the date does appear on the download page now. But this has been added to the feature request list. We encourage others to vote as we use this input for prioritizing our release plans.

5. Capture Full Backup of SDA

Currently, backups are only done if a change to the item being backed up has occurred. This is incremental behavior. We should have the option to specify this behavior (via checkbox, for example).

What I would like is the ability to do a full backup of everything at will - scheduled or otherwise.

An example of a problem arising from the current solution is this: empty the Restore share and then try to back everything up. You cannot. If you offload your backup and then lose it, you cannot make another full backup.

Ideally, everything would be rolled up into…

39 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  7 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Adding Dell Diagnostics or memory testing

Add Dell Diagnostics or memory testing to the KPE recovery options.

91 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. modifying task que list

I came across a customer where rsa updates had hung for about a week, after we rebooted the task que had a few hundred tasks to do. For all the rsa's I had to enter each rsa to cancel the update manually, and that did take a lot of time. If we could get access to the task que directly we could have marked all the items we didn't want to do at the moment, and deleted them from the que in one operation.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Be able to create sym links to driverfolders

As Hp also has started to distribute famy cab driverpacks, it would be nice to be able to symlink the different folders to one folder containing the whole family of drivers. for instance the Elitebook 745 G2 Utilizes the same driverpack as the 725 G2 , but we have to copy the drivers from one folder to another for the drivers to install.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow easier and faster duplication to system images

Add the ability to the choose action drop down on the main System images page. This will allow duplication of multiple images

Put a duplicate button to the right on the image name on the system image detail page. This will save having to scroll to bottom every time you want to duplicate an image

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add ability to specify Default Boot Action per machine

3.6 removed the Boot Action "Boot From Local Hard Drive" and number of boots. With these a default action could be set with number of boots set to 0 per machine. And when another boot action was used, default could be returned by chaining boot actions.

I do not want to default all machines to "K2000 menu" or "hard drive" boot (General Settings > Default Boot Action). While I do like this option and think it is great, there should be the ability to override it per machine (and hopefully be as visible as boot actions tab).

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. name manual deployments

It would be great if we had the option to name a manual deployment. That way when multiple deployments are kicked off we can follow which is which.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Quick view for all Dell models supported by KBE

Be able to click on a KBE in the K2000 and see what Dell supported workstations they will work on. Having the driver report is nice, but having to search for the actual network driver for the machine I am working on is a pain. Being able to see the model and OS the KBE would speed up this process.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Support for XPS13 and other ultrabooks.

It would be nice to have Scripted Installation support for the XPS13 and other ultrabooks that do not have an ethernet port.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Xenserver support for Remote site appliance.

Having a Xenserver Remote Site Appliance, or an ISO available so customers can install the appliance on their virtual environment.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Progressbar for package exporting

A progressbar will be handy when exporting packages because it can take a long time to complete. Now the K2 only says that he is currently exporting.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Monitoring via snmp and open manage

I'd like full support for snmp so that the k2000 can be monitored for issues. Also full dell open manage support on the appliance.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Please include an exclusion list for k-images

I would like to see the ability to exclude files from being included in a k-image such as pagefile.sys and hiberfil.sys to allow the images to be smaller

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  John Karabaic responded

Great idea, if we can make it foolproof so that the image is bootable. Need to have a “never exclude” list.

1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

SDA (K2000)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base