SDA (K2000)

Please tell us how you’d like to see the System Deployment Appliance product improved!

1. 11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Adding a single SI/KI to multiple RSAs at one time

If I create a new image and I want to sync that out to all my RSAs, it would be nice to have an option to add that item to sync to "selected RSAs" or "All RSAs" instead of having to add the image individually to each RSA, which is painful when you have 10+ RSAs.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. K2000 bandwidth settings: Change the units for the Transfer Rate Limit from KB/s to Kbps.

Currently the "Limit average transfer rate to" setting uses Kilobytes per second and this should be set to Kilobits per second instead to be more inline with network throttling standards.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to split images for FAT32 complliance

An offline deployment from a usb stick is easy for windows 7 (non uefi machines) as they can boot from NTFS, which doesnt have the same limitations on file size as fat32.

But due to UEFI, its only possible to boot a windows 8 machine from a FAT32 flash drive. Due to images being larger than the fat32 file size limit, offline deployments are difficult to perform.

It would be nice to have a feature that, when capturing the image from a master device, to have the ability to span the image over multiple files. Being able to specify the…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Multicast an image with multiple partitions

It would be great if it were possible to multicast to a hard drive with multiple partitions. In imaging our dual-boot computer labs we have to unicast the image which takes longer and uses more bandwidth. According to Dell it's a "software defect K2-5393", which In my opinion should be fixed.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow RSA's to run network scan and transfer results to K2 appliance

Allow RSA's to run network scan and transfer results to K2 appliance

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Sort filters

I think the K2000 lists should all have configurable sort options. I organize my deployments by name, so I would like to see this breakdown of the images almost every time. I keep having to select to sort by name. I think the system should either have a memory or allow a default to be stored.

The following are example fields that should be sortable:
    - Deployments
    - Install tasks
    - Inventory dropdown menu

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Keep Bootable USB images on file and NOTIFY when completed

When creating images, the option to 'Create Bootable USB flash drive image for this System Image' takes a long time to build, with NO indication of progress and NO NOTIFICATION OF COMPLETION. It expects you to keep refreshing the page until you discover when it has completed. Am I the only person who despises being at the mercy of the refresh button? On top of that programming oversight, once you have download the completed image, it is deleted from the server and will not allow you to download it a second time? What benefit is there in that? Why are…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow easier and faster duplication to system images

Add the ability to the choose action drop down on the main System images page. This will allow duplication of multiple images

Put a duplicate button to the right on the image name on the system image detail page. This will save having to scroll to bottom every time you want to duplicate an image

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Dynamic updating of K1000 labels in K2000

The K2000 can pull inventory lists from K1000 labels for automated deployments, but those lists are static. If the label group changes on the K1000, the group does not update on the K2000.

For example, if I had a group of systems I want to re-image on a weekly basis. If one of the computers is replaced, the automated deployment must be rebuilt.

Can the K2000 re-sync label members on the fly or even on a schedule?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Be able to create sym links to driverfolders

As Hp also has started to distribute famy cab driverpacks, it would be nice to be able to symlink the different folders to one folder containing the whole family of drivers. for instance the Elitebook 745 G2 Utilizes the same driverpack as the 725 G2 , but we have to copy the drivers from one folder to another for the drivers to install.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Progressbar for package exporting

A progressbar will be handy when exporting packages because it can take a long time to complete. Now the K2 only says that he is currently exporting.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. run scripts as administrator

The Kace 1000 has the option to run a script as administrator, system, or any other user. having this option on the 2000 would greatly help us in our environment

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  John Karabaic responded

Can you please elaborate on the use case for having a post-install task run as anyone other than the local administrator, as they now do? Why wouldn’t you just have K1000 tasks run that need special privileges?

14. Basic SNMP configuration...

Basic configuration, such as system location or system contact, for SNMP is not available to the end user. Many SNMP monitoring tools pull this information and map devices using this information. This information can be provided in the /usr/local/etc/snmpd.conf however the end user can not edit this, so options might be to allow this information to be added in the konfig stage of the install or when going into the Security Settings/General Security Settings and putting a check mark in Enable SNMP Monitoring other fields can open (besides SNMP Community String) for syscontact and syslocation. Once saved this information can…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Enable option when installing the Virtual K2000 to choose min-OS if creating a larger off-board storage or allow to set size of OVF drive.

Currently the K2000 virtual appliance only comes with hard coded drive sizes.

This would be better used if we could set the option to set the hard drive to the size of drive or select a size as 500GB may not be large enough.

Another option would be to have the option upon install to choose minimum drive size for the OS, then create the off-board storage feature to what ever storage size is desired.

The same process could also be uses for the Remote Site Appliances as well

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. K2000 and Bit Locker

Issue: If MS BitLocker is enabled on the Client Computer, then when the BIOS hands off the boot process to PXE via the NIC and 'times out', then boots to the HDD, after it hits the pxe boot menu, this will trigger bitlocker.

Solution: I need a way for the BIOS to hand control off to PXE and once the PXE option menu is encountered and it defaults to the HDD, but w/o this process triggering MS bitlocker drive encryption.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Quick view for all Dell models supported by KBE

Be able to click on a KBE in the K2000 and see what Dell supported workstations they will work on. Having the driver report is nice, but having to search for the actual network driver for the machine I am working on is a pain. Being able to see the model and OS the KBE would speed up this process.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Include Ability to Expand Offboard Storage

Currently, using a Virtual K2000 appliance, it is impossible to expand the offboard storage disk once created - the only way to give yourself more storage is to put the files back onboard, delete the offboard disk, and then re-create, moving the files back over again.

It'd be better if we could just expand the disk in our virtual environment, then ask K2000 to 'rescan' the disk and have the ability to expand into the space.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to duplicate a Task Group

Version 6.0 introduced Task Groups. Would be great if it went one step further and allowed us to duplicate task groups. I have many locations that use similar tasks for each deployment but vary slightly (such as time zone). Would be nice to be able to create one task group and then duplicate/modify just the tasks for each location rather than having to build a task group from scratch for each location.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add ability to specify Default Boot Action per machine

3.6 removed the Boot Action "Boot From Local Hard Drive" and number of boots. With these a default action could be set with number of boots set to 0 per machine. And when another boot action was used, default could be returned by chaining boot actions.

I do not want to default all machines to "K2000 menu" or "hard drive" boot (General Settings > Default Boot Action). While I do like this option and think it is great, there should be the ability to override it per machine (and hopefully be as visible as boot actions tab).

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

SDA (K2000)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base