SDA (K2000)

Please tell us how you’d like to see the System Deployment Appliance product improved!

1. Verify HDD Space Adequate When Using Media Manager to Create KBE

I ran into an issue when creating a KBE that I didn't have enough local hard drive space. There was no error message or any sort of info to pinpoint that was the problem.

It would be helpful if it could do a preliminary check upon opening or before attempting to create the KBE. Even if it was as simple as "must have at least 5GB free space before continuing."

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. K2000 should support VirtIO drivers

With the growing popularity of virtualization hypervisors that require VirtIO drives, Quest should start supporting that. Nutanix with AHV is another example of an environment where VirtIO drivers are required. Everything else we have can handle it, K2000 is the only outlier.

At the moment:
    K2000 is not working at all on Nutanix AHV
    K1000, even if not officially supported, at least seems working fine

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. UEFI Secure boot

UEFI Secure Boot.

With the release of uefi pxe boots, we can now load images on our dell computers with much less interaction during the unbox. We are still forced to disable secure boot on all new systems before we can boot them.

1. Secure boot is a prevalent security patch that negates boot malware from infecting systems. this alone should be reason for integrating secure boot loads

2. all our equipment ships from dell with secure boot enabled under uefi, so I feel our Dell K2000 should be able to image Dell equipment out of the box without needing to modify…

369 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    25 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re moving this request back to a planned state as there are some additional items that need to be worked out before we proceed with development of this potential feature.

Microsoft has provided some additional requirements and processes that need to be completed, and this has added a timeline increase for feature release.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and we will keep you informed when we have any significant progress updates.

4. Adding a single SI/KI to multiple RSAs at one time

If I create a new image and I want to sync that out to all my RSAs, it would be nice to have an option to add that item to sync to "selected RSAs" or "All RSAs" instead of having to add the image individually to each RSA, which is painful when you have 10+ RSAs.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Dainelle Samuel responded

We agree! This is great feature and the team is working diligently to get it into a future release. Stay tuned for more details.

5. Driver Feed for Non-Dell systems

Managing non-Dell systems with the K2000 can be hit or miss. you should be able to feed in drivers for non-dell systems, even without the other manufacturers support.

Kace users could submit model specific driver packages to a temporary Kace FTP site, and Kace or other kace users could test and validate the drivers.

Once validated, the drivers could be included in the driver feed library alongside the existing Dell systems.

I have many great Lenovo notebook Driver Packages (T500, T510, T520, W520 etc...) I would love to share, but could use some working HP Desktop Driver Packages (like the…

166 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Multicast an image with multiple partitions

It would be great if it were possible to multicast to a hard drive with multiple partitions. In imaging our dual-boot computer labs we have to unicast the image which takes longer and uses more bandwidth. According to Dell it's a "software defect K2-5393", which In my opinion should be fixed.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Upload Background Image for PXE Graphical Boot Menu

I would like to be able to change the background of the PXE graphical boot menu to the logo of my organization. I am able to manually do this with FogProject but am not allowed SSH access to the K2000.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

SDA (K2000)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base