SDA (K2000)

Please tell us how you’d like to see the System Deployment Appliance product improved!

1. K2 should detect the sysprep indicators in an image and say so in the UI.

Since sysprepped images contain multiple indicators we could detect that and display it in the K2 UI so administrators have no question of an image's status. A bonus would be indicating the number of syspreps ran on a given image since there's a limit imposed by Microsoft.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  RogerL responded

This suggestion was completed in version 6.0.

2. Support for building Mac OS X 10.10 boot environment

At the moment, we can't use the K2000 to deploy to new Mac Mini or iMac hardware as their hardware isn't supported by the 10.9 boot environment.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

System Deployment Appliance 4.1 (SDA/K2000) supports up to 10.12 boot environment

3. Drag and drop anywhere.

We have lots of software we deploy, ever user is different in the software he/she uses.
    I have over sixty programs in the the Post-Installation window.

In the previous version, I was able to drag and drop software from the Post-Installation Tasks to anywhere on the left side. And it would drop it in the Run Post Installation Tasks.

Now I have to select the software and use the up arrow key to scroll up the page to drop the software in the Run Post-Installation window.

Please put back this feature.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. KACE Agent in KBE environment

I would like to see some sort of agent that can give feedback to the K2000 as to the status of a job. An example would be percentage complete on a system image, or even a simple indicator that a system has booted in to the KBE environment.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. ClientIP in k2000 kbe

I was looking for client IP, once booted, but it only shows server K2000 IP address at the bottom.

Would it be possible to add that right next to the K2000 IP address in the future?

Thanks,
    Marek

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. USMT 5 Support

Support for User State Migration Tool 5.0

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Alex Au Yeung responded

Windows ADK 8.1 which includes Windows PE 5 and USMT 5 is now supported on the K2000 as of 3.6! We just entered RC and if you’d like a copy of the release candidate, just let me know at alex@kace.com!

7. Progress Bar on Driver Caching

It would be nice to have someway to know when driver caching has completed and deployment can begin. Whether it be a progress bar or simply an updated status message similar to other areas of the kbox.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  John Karabaic responded

I believe driver caching is logged to the status bar on the upper right of the appliance.

8. Show "Alert" at top of screen New Drivers

Popup or where we "alert" license expiry show a popup message when a new driver in the Dell Driver Feed gets updated for "Download and Install" Example, Dell Precision 5510 gets a new video driver update that I am maintaining, when I log into the console a popup at the top tells me it has a new update.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to duplicate a Task Group

Version 6.0 introduced Task Groups. Would be great if it went one step further and allowed us to duplicate task groups. I have many locations that use similar tasks for each deployment but vary slightly (such as time zone). Would be nice to be able to create one task group and then duplicate/modify just the tasks for each location rather than having to build a task group from scratch for each location.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Under Scripted Install - match task drag box with avail tasks

Under Scripted Install:

When you drag avail tasks from the right column to the run tasks on the left column the drag window is to small.

We have several avail post install tasks to the point where you must scroll up while dragging the task at the same time. I remember before that you could just drag any tasks from the right and drop it to the left without scrolling. Can you bring this ability back?

In the attached picture I had to reduce the browser zoom to give you an idea.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

System Deployment Appliance 4.1 (SDA/K2000) supports a drag box equivalent to the number of post install tasks available

11. add pre-installtion task to capture name for Mac

There are scripts to capture the name for a windows machine you are deploying via an onscreen prompt, but for Mac the only option is to have it grab the existing name of the machine. We join our macs to our domain, and we need to make sure the machines follow our internal naming convention especially for new machines. Add a pre-install task that grabs the existing name and prompts the tech to change it if they want like we do for windows!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Dainelle Samuel responded

We have marked this item as complete because it has been addressed in previous releases. If there are further questions or alternative suggestions please feel free to submit another ticket.

Many thanks!
    KACE Team

12. Undo the progress bar change in 6.1

Ever since 6.1, when deploying an image we just get a red bar that constantly scrolls. In the older versions it was an actual progress bar that showed which files were being copied and estimated time remaining. This is useless as a progress bar because if a deployment is taking a long time, we don't know if it's just slow, how long is left, or if something is wrong. Terrible design, please go back to the way it was, or give an option.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add SecureStartup from WinPE_OCs as option in KBE Manipulator

It would be nice to not have to go through the manual process of adding this package for Bitlocker support. If this was one of the KBE Options in the KBE Manipulator, it would help a lot.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Capture Images from Remote Site Appliance

I would like to see the ability to capture K-Images to the Remote Site Appliance. We need to be able to capture legacy images all over Europe, and are struggling to do this unless they all go to the K2000 Site

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Support IGMP for multicast support like Ghost.

With Ghost, on 100 GB ethernet, we could send a 100 GB image in 3 hours to any number of PCs in a lab effortlessly. Multicast support to K2000 will make life easier for anyone needing to clone a significant number of PCs quickly.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Improve CSV upload to set Hostnames

It would be great to get Hostnames from a CSV import directly to the K2000 Device Inventory.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add Cron to Wake on lan

The ability to create a Custom Schedules using Cron under Wake-on-Lan

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Alex Au Yeung responded

Scheduled WOL using CRON-style scheduling is in K2000 3.6, to be released in January

18. Email notification on job completion

As an admin, I would like to be able to get an email notification when an image or scripted install job completes, as well as what the outcome of the job was (successful/failed/partial).
    IN addition to success/failure status, it would be nice to have a link to the log file if it did file to see why a job failed.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Reverse the defaulted sort of Date Completed column

Is there any reason why the 'Date Completed' column within 'Progress>Manual Deployments' and 'Audit Log>Manual Deployments' can't be defaulted to sort with the latest deployment date at the top? As I monitor the success of the image deployments, I have to re-sort the column as the default view will always show the oldest deployment at the top. This would be a time saver and seems to make sense (at least to me). Thanks.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ability to check / uncheck packages instead of dragging and dropping

Ability to check / uncheck packages instead of dragging and dropping.

I'm one of those guys that have ~100 post-install tasks in my scripted installs that all rely on being in that specific order.

Some of these packages are huge in size and take a while to install (Oracle Client & Server, VS2015 / VS2017 etc) with a bunch of configuration being set. Ideally we want to test these packages beforehand.

It would be a huge time win if I was able to check / uncheck packages from being executed.
    So I can skip the packages that are unnecessary for…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

SDA (K2000)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base