SDA (K2000)

Please tell us how you’d like to see the System Deployment Appliance product improved!

How can we improve the SDA (K2000)?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Mac netbooting across subnets

We would like to be able to netboot a Mac across subnets (we have 39 academic subnets on campus, out of about 107 total subnets) without having to issue a bless command on each Mac or having to have an RSA on each subnet. We have a 10.5 server running DeployStudio that handles this just fine, but I'd like to be able to use KBOX for all of our imaging (Windows imaging on KBOX is much nicer than using Ghost).

288 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    16 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Bob Crosley responded

We are still planning on Mac OS X Server integration in a future release to support this.

2. Automatic Naming of Computer from K1000

If i'm rebuilding a computer the Kbox should rename the computer correctly based on the information in the K1000. The old scripts are klunky. Maybe just a simple database/SOAP query to the K1000 for basic naming.

138 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  John Karabaic responded

This is part of a long-term vision in the roadmap towards restoring a machine’s identity on the K1000 when rebuilt from the K2000, with incremental progress being made in each release.

3. Configure charlie root (daily) email

Please allow the ability to customise the email sent from Charlie Root (K2000). At the moment it doesn't seem to be configurable. We want to change its 'from' address, and the display name 'Charlie root' to something more meaningful. And make that email alert more configurable, like how often its sent, what to put in 'subject', etc.

1. Modify 'from' address
    2. Modify Display Name
    3. Turn on/off email notifications
    4. Schedule charlie root emails (weekends, etc)

132 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  RogerL responded

We have some new features planned that include parts of this suggestion. Stay tuned!

4. Multicast an image with multiple partitions

It would be great if it were possible to multicast to a hard drive with multiple partitions. In imaging our dual-boot computer labs we have to unicast the image which takes longer and uses more bandwidth. According to Dell it's a "software defect K2-5393", which In my opinion should be fixed.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

SDA (K2000)

Feedback and Knowledge Base