SDA (K2000)

Please tell us how you’d like to see the System Deployment Appliance product improved!

How can we improve the SDA (K2000)?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. UEFI Secure boot

UEFI Secure Boot.

With the release of uefi pxe boots, we can now load images on our dell computers with much less interaction during the unbox. We are still forced to disable secure boot on all new systems before we can boot them.

1. Secure boot is a prevalent security patch that negates boot malware from infecting systems. this alone should be reason for integrating secure boot loads

2. all our equipment ships from dell with secure boot enabled under uefi, so I feel our Dell K2000 should be able to image Dell equipment out of the box without needing…

241 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    started  ·  9 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 198 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  30 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow upload of an existing WIM

If you have an existing WIM image which you want to deploy via the K2000, you need to manually apply it to a device then capture it from the KBE to get it into the appliance.
    The ability to upload an existing WIM direct to the K2000 appliance would be very useful. I suspect it would also make it more attractive for organisations to move from other imaging toolsets to KACE if they could deploy their existing WIM images through the K2000.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Automate the reboot count process

Rather than having the xml answer file plug in the number of reboots, look for an automated way of calculating the reboots or count them as the system reboots and update status to know how many are still needed. Sometimes, I come up one short or one more than needed. Argh!

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Adding a single SI/KI to multiple RSAs at one time

If I create a new image and I want to sync that out to all my RSAs, it would be nice to have an option to add that item to sync to "selected RSAs" or "All RSAs" instead of having to add the image individually to each RSA, which is painful when you have 10+ RSAs.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Upgrade Multiple RSAs as Action from Remote Sites Screen

When you manage multiple RSAs, it's a pain to upgrade all of them when you finish an upgrade of the master appliance.
    From the remote sites screen on the master appliance, you should be able to check the box next to multiple RSAs, and choose Upgrade Remote Site from the Action dropdown.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add SecureStartup from WinPE_OCs as option in KBE Manipulator

It would be nice to not have to go through the manual process of adding this package for Bitlocker support. If this was one of the KBE Options in the KBE Manipulator, it would help a lot.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Undo the progress bar change in 6.1

Ever since 6.1, when deploying an image we just get a red bar that constantly scrolls. In the older versions it was an actual progress bar that showed which files were being copied and estimated time remaining. This is useless as a progress bar because if a deployment is taking a long time, we don't know if it's just slow, how long is left, or if something is wrong. Terrible design, please go back to the way it was, or give an option.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. save duplicate delete cancel

Save, Duplicate, Delete and Cancel buttons.

Please duplicate the buttons on the bottom of System Image. Place other set on the top of the page.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

SDA (K2000)

Feedback and Knowledge Base