How can we improve the SDA (K2000)?

Be able to restore the K2000 database

I just found out that you can not restore the K2000 database even though you can backup the K2000 database. I want to be able to have all my settings if there is a catastrophic failure with my server or just need to refresh the hardware. I have to recreate all my labels, users, Ldap authentication, all my general settings, date time settings, relink all of my RSAs and K1000.

133 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Thomas Hughes shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • David Coe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to perform a full restore just like the SMA(K1000) would be helpful in case of system failure,

• BlaiseG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Had I known this was not possible at the time of implementation, I would have deployed virtual K2s instead of the physical K2s (and leveraged full-VM backups). Instead, I have to rely on 'hope and prayer' that I won't, one day, have to recover from a failed K2200 appliance.

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The feature seems somewhat superfluous, I mean to do a backup that you can't use.

• Bill Morse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is one of the reasons that we virtualized our KACE servers (so that we have a full backup of the server every night) plus that ability to v-motion the servers to our DR site.

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I didn't know this was an issue till just now, this feature surely is a must have?

• Aaron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just found out the hard way about needing this feature. I am doing a P2V and will have to configure all the settings manually.

• TJ Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As an alternative, I think it would be nice if the K2000 could export and FTP all (or selected) files to a location as a batch - without having to export everything to your limited local disk first. It could create each export file, FTP it, delete it, then move on to the next.

Feedback and Knowledge Base