Binding additonal NIC's on the K2000 for failover or bridging (VIP)
The ability to bind additional NIC’s to create a VIP on the K2000 to allow for both higher bandwidth utilization, as well as, for failover purposes would be worthwhile addition.
Predrag Lezaic commented
This is now released.
K2000 v3.5 has been released as well and is available at the customer downloads site! Features include:
• NIC Link aggregation
• Offboard storage migration within the webui
• Support for new offboard devices
• Mountain Lion (OSX 10.8) support
• Windows 2008/2012 support, with the exception of USMT 5 and WinPE 4.
• Native Imaging (.wim for Windows, .dmg for Mac)
• Driver Feed for system images, customers use a checkbox to enable within each image
• UEFI boot via USB
• Tasks to capture/apply KUID to a Windows system
• K1000 5.4 agent and install commands
• Support for Windows 2000, Power PC Macs, 32bit appliances and IE6 have been removed.
• Unified release of English and International
We've got link aggregation coming in 3.5, which is slated for Q1. This gets us halfway there, as the code is shared with NIC teaming. It will definitely be a version update, however we have some legacy issues regarding NIC teaming/link aggregation and the NIC drivers available for the hardware that the K2 appliance was based upon in the past. Depending on how old your hardware is, you may need to rev the hardware as well to take advantage of this once it ships. This is all up in the air however, until we've finalized the specs for this feature.
Jay WIlliams commented
Great to see that this is being started. Any ETA's on when this enhancement will be released? Also this feature will be in an OS update I take it? Meaning it’s not hardware contingent? Thanks