SDA (K2000)

Please tell us how you’d like to see the System Deployment Appliance product improved!

1. Dell - Post_install task folders?

Dell, what about visual post-installation task folder? I would like to group tasks into individual folders, then apply a particular task folder to a particular image. Help me out!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. enable / disable a post install task from executing

if one has the same post install task in 10 scripted images, be able to enable / disable them all at once. for example, a new post install task needs to be created; however, the implementation date is unknown. I can add the task to the 10 scripted images - at my leisure, then when i need to enable the task - it is one click. Be able to enable / disable a task from executing

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for this feature request!

It’s interesting to consider the prospect of viewing the details of a PO task and seeing all the deployments to which it’s linked. With that view available, one could execute an action en masse rather than individually.

We will review this request and determine its place within our product backlog.

3. Add Samba shares to SDA

We have a SMA at our main site, and SDA's at each of our remote sites. It seems like it would be a natural solution to allow creation of Samba shares on our SDA's to act as replication shares for our SMA, but from what I understand, this is not supported by KACE.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Custom Schedule to Export Packages

Could we have more options for the schedule export of packages? We are looking at schedules such like:
    A. on a monthly schedule i.e. the last day of the month or 15th of the month
    B. biweekly

I understand that the ability to create a custom schedule is available on the K1000.

Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to capture image of running server from within Windows.

Ability to capture image of running server from within Windows, this would be really helpful for capturing an image of a server that we are unable to shutdown. Most server as running live and it is almost impossible to shut them down for any length of time to capture an image of our SQL server with all the drives.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Deployment-Wide, Deployer-Defined Variables

Would like the ability to create user-defined variables within a deployment definition (Scripted Installations, or System Images) that are valid for the entire process of deployment. These variables would be held by the K2000, not by the box being imaged.

Example:
    As a pre-install task, I could determine the BIOS version of the box being imaged, and store it in the variable FIRMWAREVER, and then at any point subsequent, in a later pre-install task, or a post-install task, I could call %FIRMWAREVER% and have that information. This way I don't have to store it on a temp RAM…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. MAC-Adressfilter for KACE PXE-Server

For rival pxe servers in the same subnet (e.g. Citrix Provisioning/KACE) there's a need to filter mac-adresses (exclude/include) for the clients/servers to point to the correct deployment system. In our former Altiris Deployment system there's an PXE-Option settiing for that.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ability to import a CSV with MAC addresses to create automatic boot options for devices which were never booted

Right now it is nessesary to boot all devices once to have a network inventory to setup automated boot options.

Better way would be:
    Import a CSV with all MAC addresses of the newly delivered devices to create automated boot actions to fully automate the process.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

SDA (K2000)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base