SDA (K2000)

Please tell us how you’d like to see the System Deployment Appliance product improved!

1. Ability to schedule boot actions

Images get pushed overnight and are pre-staged before IT staff goes home. If the user stays late and reboots his or her computer, the image gets pushed prematurely. Give ability to ignore network boot actions prior to scheduled time.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Ability to schedule a scripted install

I would like to be able to schedule a scripted install for a set of machines on a regular basis (ie. training room pc that needs to be returned to a clean, fresh installed and updated state). Currently, there is no way to schedule a install in this manor.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Improvement of Sysprep Creator for Windows 10

It would be helpful to have more options with the Sysprep Creator to build a complete unattend file. Things under "Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" including "BluetoothTaskbarIconEnabled" and "DonNotCleanTaskBar" for examples. Encrypting the password would be great. Adding custom firstlogon commands. Among other things that would be helpful.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ability to Deploy Large Applications as Post Install Tasks

Currently the limit is 2GB I think for Post Install Task. Even with a work around of exporting, re-zipping and importing, the system does not support large applications such as Adobe CC. The only way around this is to run it from a file share.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  RogerL responded

This suggestion was completed in version 6.0.

5. Transfer RSA captured images to other RSAs and/or main KACE.

Thanks for adding the ability to capture images to RSA's, now please add the ability to transfer/sync those images between RSA's and the main KACE. Otherwise the ability to capture to RSA's is pretty limited/pointless.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Drag and drop anywhere.

We have lots of software we deploy, ever user is different in the software he/she uses.
    I have over sixty programs in the the Post-Installation window.

In the previous version, I was able to drag and drop software from the Post-Installation Tasks to anywhere on the left side. And it would drop it in the Run Post Installation Tasks.

Now I have to select the software and use the up arrow key to scroll up the page to drop the software in the Run Post-Installation window.

Please put back this feature.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Progress Bar on Driver Caching

It would be nice to have someway to know when driver caching has completed and deployment can begin. Whether it be a progress bar or simply an updated status message similar to other areas of the kbox.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  John Karabaic responded

I believe driver caching is logged to the status bar on the upper right of the appliance.

8. Ability to duplicate a Task Group

Version 6.0 introduced Task Groups. Would be great if it went one step further and allowed us to duplicate task groups. I have many locations that use similar tasks for each deployment but vary slightly (such as time zone). Would be nice to be able to create one task group and then duplicate/modify just the tasks for each location rather than having to build a task group from scratch for each location.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Under Scripted Install - match task drag box with avail tasks

Under Scripted Install:

When you drag avail tasks from the right column to the run tasks on the left column the drag window is to small.

We have several avail post install tasks to the point where you must scroll up while dragging the task at the same time. I remember before that you could just drag any tasks from the right and drop it to the left without scrolling. Can you bring this ability back?

In the attached picture I had to reduce the browser zoom to give you an idea.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

System Deployment Appliance 4.1 (SDA/K2000) supports a drag box equivalent to the number of post install tasks available

10. Improve CSV upload to set Hostnames

It would be great to get Hostnames from a CSV import directly to the K2000 Device Inventory.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Undo the progress bar change in 6.1

Ever since 6.1, when deploying an image we just get a red bar that constantly scrolls. In the older versions it was an actual progress bar that showed which files were being copied and estimated time remaining. This is useless as a progress bar because if a deployment is taking a long time, we don't know if it's just slow, how long is left, or if something is wrong. Terrible design, please go back to the way it was, or give an option.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Support IGMP for multicast support like Ghost.

With Ghost, on 100 GB ethernet, we could send a 100 GB image in 3 hours to any number of PCs in a lab effortlessly. Multicast support to K2000 will make life easier for anyone needing to clone a significant number of PCs quickly.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add SecureStartup from WinPE_OCs as option in KBE Manipulator

It would be nice to not have to go through the manual process of adding this package for Bitlocker support. If this was one of the KBE Options in the KBE Manipulator, it would help a lot.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Reverse the defaulted sort of Date Completed column

Is there any reason why the 'Date Completed' column within 'Progress>Manual Deployments' and 'Audit Log>Manual Deployments' can't be defaulted to sort with the latest deployment date at the top? As I monitor the success of the image deployments, I have to re-sort the column as the default view will always show the oldest deployment at the top. This would be a time saver and seems to make sense (at least to me). Thanks.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow image capture of a Mac to the k2000 when netbooting from an RSA.

We would like to be able to net boot a Mac from an RSA and capture the image to the K2000 box. Since it is not currently supported I have to take the computer to our datacenter so that it can be on the same subnet of the K2000 to capture the image. The image capture should work more like creating a netboot image where you can specify where to load the image to instead of the software assuming that the image has to be loaded to the same location that it was netbooted from.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Regional settings for more countries in scripted install

I just discovered a bug in K2000 scripted install wizard. I chose new scripted install -> Walk me through creating an answer file for unattended setup -> and among ohter data I chose Regional and Language option for Estonia: „Estonian“.

That created wrong data in unattended xml file that I can see under scripted install. Estonian settings are et-EE, not et-et as k2000 wizard creates. Can you correct that and also see the same for ohter countries as well.

Our K2000 version is 3.4.54256

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Guys, please, it's time to implementing IGMP instead PGM. Where are you Kace developers?

All the most popular switches are handling IGMP instead PGM. Please, KACE, go ahead with IGMP support for K2000.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. save duplicate delete cancel

Save, Duplicate, Delete and Cancel buttons.

Please duplicate the buttons on the bottom of System Image. Place other set on the top of the page.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Dell Venue 11 Pro tablets

Introduce de Dell Venue 11 Pro tablets in de driver feed .

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Be able to Search Files in an Image

When browsing the files of an Image. I would like to be able to do a search for specific files and/or file types.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Marking as completed as SDA is using the WIM image format, which can be mounted as a volume and searched by filename, extension, content, etc.

• Don't see your idea?

SDA (K2000)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base