SDA (K2000)

Please tell us how you’d like to see the System Deployment Appliance product improved!

How can we improve the SDA (K2000)?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Kace agent automatically install on the K2000 as a post install task when new updates come out

Wouldn't it be great if when a new agent update came out on the K1000 that you wouldn't have to manually update your post install task for the agent on the K2000.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Alex Au Yeung responded

We’re looking into extending the linking and integration abilities between a K1 and K2 and this would be one of the features we’d implement when that time comes.

2. Allow RSA's to run network scan and transfer results to K2 appliance

Allow RSA's to run network scan and transfer results to K2 appliance

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Have Host Name displayed in the Systems Inventory when you boot a pc to the KBE

I am deploying Windows 7 on pc's that currently have Windows XP.
    They XP machines have never been booted in the Kace 2100.
    I am hoping for a solution that when I boot a existing domain pc into the KBE that the Host name would appear with or with out the IP address.
    (Right now I have hundreds of PC's to deploy and I am labeling the Host Name Manually for the IP address)

Also If you did not have a hostname for the pc yet because It is a brand new workstation. Once a Image or Scripted Install is…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Sort filters

I think the K2000 lists should all have configurable sort options. I organize my deployments by name, so I would like to see this breakdown of the images almost every time. I keep having to select to sort by name. I think the system should either have a memory or allow a default to be stored.

The following are example fields that should be sortable:
    - Deployments
    - Install tasks
    - Inventory dropdown menu

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Keep Bootable USB images on file and NOTIFY when completed

When creating images, the option to 'Create Bootable USB flash drive image for this System Image' takes a long time to build, with NO indication of progress and NO NOTIFICATION OF COMPLETION. It expects you to keep refreshing the page until you discover when it has completed. Am I the only person who despises being at the mercy of the refresh button? On top of that programming oversight, once you have download the completed image, it is deleted from the server and will not allow you to download it a second time? What benefit is there in that? Why are…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow easier and faster duplication to system images

Add the ability to the choose action drop down on the main System images page. This will allow duplication of multiple images

Put a duplicate button to the right on the image name on the system image detail page. This will save having to scroll to bottom every time you want to duplicate an image

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Dynamic updating of K1000 labels in K2000

The K2000 can pull inventory lists from K1000 labels for automated deployments, but those lists are static. If the label group changes on the K1000, the group does not update on the K2000.

For example, if I had a group of systems I want to re-image on a weekly basis. If one of the computers is replaced, the automated deployment must be rebuilt.

Can the K2000 re-sync label members on the fly or even on a schedule?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Have the "SMA Agent" post-install task pull the installer directly from the \kbox\client share.

Have the "SMA Agent" post-install task pull the installer directly from the \kbox\client share. As it is now, the SDA user/manager must manually upload the SMA agent to the SDA's post-install repository, and remember to update it when the SMA's share gets updated with a new client. If the SDA pulled directly from the SMA's share, we wouldn't have to worry about keeping the installers in sync.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. KBE driver pack install

Have the KBE Driver packs available for install right from the appliance. Just click a button and then download and install.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. PXE Boot supporting 802.1x authentication

It appears PXE 3.0 is capable of supporting 802.1x authentication.
    Many networks utilize radius authentication to control users and VLANs. This is an issue with the current K2000 PXE since there is no option to provide credentials. I suggest an option be added to insert a username and password into the undionly.kpxe and ipxe.efi so that PXE Boot can authenticate.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Multiple images on one usb stick

the download to usb bootable is great. but with a 64gb usb stick it could store a bunch of images. All multiple images to be written to the same usb stick. Then create a very simple menu that prompts the user for which image to deploy.
    Could have the install to usb installer create a simple inventory file to record which images on are the usb and in what folder, then simply build the menu from it.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Be able to create sym links to driverfolders

As Hp also has started to distribute famy cab driverpacks, it would be nice to be able to symlink the different folders to one folder containing the whole family of drivers. for instance the Elitebook 745 G2 Utilizes the same driverpack as the 725 G2 , but we have to copy the drivers from one folder to another for the drivers to install.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Progressbar for package exporting

A progressbar will be handy when exporting packages because it can take a long time to complete. Now the K2 only says that he is currently exporting.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Can we include a delayed reboot option?

During post installation tasks processing even after a successful completion we may need delay before Kace engine reboots the computer especially if its the last task.

For instance, I have a .bat file that pulls an installation from the internet the Kace appliance will move onto the next task or reboot before it finishes.

Adding a timeout /t 30 will not delay the reboot.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. run scripts as administrator

The Kace 1000 has the option to run a script as administrator, system, or any other user. having this option on the 2000 would greatly help us in our environment

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  John Karabaic responded

Can you please elaborate on the use case for having a post-install task run as anyone other than the local administrator, as they now do? Why wouldn’t you just have K1000 tasks run that need special privileges?

16. Allow audit mode when creating an image

When doing a scripted image, it will be helpful to put that image into audit mode automatically so you can more changes to it before syspreping it again.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Create a Retire Option

Create a "retire" setting for KBEs, SIs, images, pre/post-install tasks, etc so they are preserved on the KBOX, but they don't appear on boot menu/post install list unless un-retired

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Alex Au Yeung responded

The main issue is space; if you have that many KBE/SI/Images/Tasks, you are likely running low on space. Wouldn’t things be better served by exporting/deleting? Reimport when you need them again? Nevertheless, with external storage being available to everyone as of next version, this will be a more compelling feature we’ll look into.

18. KACE Agent in KBE environment

I would like to see some sort of agent that can give feedback to the K2000 as to the status of a job. An example would be percentage complete on a system image, or even a simple indicator that a system has booted in to the KBE environment.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  John Karabaic responded

Definitely a great feature request. It dovetails with a number of other features having to do with control and visibility.

19. Basic SNMP configuration...

Basic configuration, such as system location or system contact, for SNMP is not available to the end user. Many SNMP monitoring tools pull this information and map devices using this information. This information can be provided in the /usr/local/etc/snmpd.conf however the end user can not edit this, so options might be to allow this information to be added in the konfig stage of the install or when going into the Security Settings/General Security Settings and putting a check mark in Enable SNMP Monitoring other fields can open (besides SNMP Community String) for syscontact and syslocation. Once saved this information can…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Enable option when installing the Virtual K2000 to choose min-OS if creating a larger off-board storage or allow to set size of OVF drive.

Currently the K2000 virtual appliance only comes with hard coded drive sizes.

This would be better used if we could set the option to set the hard drive to the size of drive or select a size as 500GB may not be large enough.

Another option would be to have the option upon install to choose minimum drive size for the OS, then create the off-board storage feature to what ever storage size is desired.

The same process could also be uses for the Remote Site Appliances as well

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

SDA (K2000)

Feedback and Knowledge Base