SDA (K2000)

Please tell us how you’d like to see the System Deployment Appliance product improved!

1. Deployment log report date format and XLS export?

The ability to export as an XLS format for deployment logs would prove very useful particularly if the date and time fields kept the date/time format, at present we have a long process to convert to date/time to create useful reports.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. USB Image Encypted

When creating a USB Image, have the data encrypted. This will protect sensitive passwords from being exposed. In the event the USB Stick is lost.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Sync images captured on RSA to SDA

Version 5 finally allowed users to capture images to the RSAs. We're on version 6.1 now and are still unable to sync/replicate those images back to the SDA. In K-12 education, we use shared images across all our sites. The ability to capture images anywhere is great, but what's the point if you can't share that image with the rest of the sites? We have 23 RSAs. Being expected to export/import these images is absurd.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Having a git like task repository

several of us are working on deployment tasks. It would be convenient to be able to manage these tasks through a git repository (or other cvs, svn...) in order to be able to follow the changes made by colleagues.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. SDA data visibility outside of appliance

The SMA (K1) has the ability to query and view all kinds of information using SQL, API, and the KACE GO app. I would like to see this same kind of visibility added to the SDA. When imaging a batch of computers, I'm not always able to sit there and make sure everything works. Using my phone to log into the SDA web interface is very cumbersome. Making this information more readily available and easier to access on the go would be a big benefit.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Different boot manager password for each RSA

Currently, you can specify a "Boot Manager Password" on the K2000 and it is used on every RSA. I'd like to have different passwords for each RSA. Maybe on the K2000 under Deployments > Remote Sites > (select the RSA) then have a checkbox to override the default "Boot Manager Password" and enter it there.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow you to select a task group before from the KBE deployment UI

It would be nice to be able to select a WIM and then have the option to select what task group you would like to use right from the KBE, so instead of having 10 WIMs you can just have 1, then a dropdown offering the task group.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Better RSA sync scheduling - mimic SMA days/hours

Many of my RSAs are in locations that have VERY limited hours I can use max bandwidth. Why can't there be a calendar setup like the SMA where I can specify what hours of what day of the week sync'ing can occur? I have to manually start/stop sync'ing as there's not enough granularity in scheduling the sync. Why can't we have the low/high bandwidth settings just like the SMA? I spend WEEKS, not hours trying to sync my RSAs.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add support for NAC

Add support for NAC

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. SDA Multi Org Support for better SMA integration

SDA Multi Org Support for better SMA integration

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Support for XPS13 and other ultrabooks.

It would be nice to have Scripted Installation support for the XPS13 and other ultrabooks that do not have an ethernet port.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please add the ability when importing packages to be able to upload a zip directly without have to extract it first.

Currently, you have to extract a pkg or xml file from a zip before uploading then importing a new package. The SDA should be smart enough to find the pkg file within the zip without the need to extract the file manually first.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Validity tool for the SSL certificate that has been enabled on SDA (K2000)

There should be a troubleshooting tool on the WebUI to check the validity (expiration date, CA, intermediate CA authority) of the certificate that has been installed.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  Dainelle Samuel responded

Thanks for your submission! The team is taking a look and will get back to you shortly!
    Stay tuned!

14. Ability for sysprep creator to run custom powershell files before sysprepping or select custom unattend answer file.

I Like the Sysprep Executor utility as it's fairly intuitive and user friendly when it's being ran prior to a capture, it however has a few barriers preventing me from using it.

• Custom Unattend answer file.

I have a few answer files created manually in WSIM as use a few settings that are not available in the Sysprep Creator menu, would it be possible to add an option to sysprep creator to select an unattend XML file instead of generating one via the menu options?

• Support for custom .bat,.cmd or .ps1 files prior to capture.

I have a script that…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Driver Feed - automate install into appliance of models in inventory

You guys have an inventory of device "model" for network booted devices. It would be great if there was an option where this information could be used to automatically enable/install Dell Driver Feed drivers into the SDA. With options of drivers for which OS (i.e. I only want windows 10 x64 drivers), and some kind of threshold option (like maybe 3 same model in inventory before auto enabled/installed).

Inversely maybe an additional option to delete drivers when there are 0 of the model/s in the SDA inventory (maybe in a specified period).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for these feature requests!

These sound very interesting. The retention concept for drivers that aren’t needed sounds great.
    We will review these further and determine their place within our product backlog.

16. Auto PXE boot devices

Coming from WDS, there was an ability to respond to all devices, known or unknown, with different PXE boot policies:

Require users interaction pressing F12
    ALWAYS CONTINUE PXE BOOT
    Continue to PXE unless user presses ESC
    Never PXE boot

I could then limit the response to a specific subnet/IP range. And because of it's rather reasonable price, I could easily spin up different WDS servers in different networks. I would really like to see the same with the K2.

In my own environment, when unboxing new equipment, we have a designated VLAN for staging and imaging devices. It would be…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for this feature request!

It would be interesting to see how this idea plays out not just for the SDA but for any connected RSAs as well. You’re correct with the risk assessment, and we’ll need to incorporate that into our discussions as we review this.

17. Verify HDD Space Adequate When Using Media Manager to Create KBE

I ran into an issue when creating a KBE that I didn't have enough local hard drive space. There was no error message or any sort of info to pinpoint that was the problem.

It would be helpful if it could do a preliminary check upon opening or before attempting to create the KBE. Even if it was as simple as "must have at least 5GB free space before continuing."

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add SecureStartup from WinPE_OCs as option in KBE Manipulator

It would be nice to not have to go through the manual process of adding this package for Bitlocker support. If this was one of the KBE Options in the KBE Manipulator, it would help a lot.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  Dainelle Samuel responded

Great news! We expect to address this in our upcoming 7.0 release.

Stay tuned!

19. Bring back KBE USB creation without the need to start in an elevated command prompt

After the K2000 has created the zip file for the USB flash drive, when you run the install.exe file you used to be able to just double click the install.exe file. Now you have to open an elevated command prompt (Run as Administrator) and go to the Install.exe location and run it from there.

Please bring back the good old double click in the gui.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. PC-to-PC Imaging

In a classroom/lab environment, it would be helpful to image a PC from perhaps the one next to it, instead of doing a "fresh" image. Another machine in the same classroom/lab would already have any running updates or changes made since the last image, without having to start from scratch.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

SDA (K2000)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base