KACE Desktop Authority

1. DA web interface refresh and number of items

In the Client Configuration, User, MyProfile, Drive Mappings I have well over 50 items. While looking through them I am constantly frustrated by the page refreshing and going back to the top. I like the product, but hate the web UI. I would like it if it did not refresh automatically or if it remembered where I was when it refreshes.
    The default number of items to show in Drive Mappings is 50. Every time I log into the DA web interface I have to enter 99 in order to be able to scroll through my items. Again, I like…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks to everyone who has weighed in on this idea. The R&D team is currently reviewing this idea and many more as we determine which set of features and enhancements we can deliver in the next product release. Stay tuned for more information and updates in this forum on this idea and many others. Feel free to continue to vote for this idea or add your input via additional comments if you have not yet done so. Keep all other ideas coming as well.

2. If a validation logic rule contains operator "Not equal" switching from "and" to "or" is impossible

If a validation logic rule contains operator "Not equal" switching from "and" to "or" is impossible.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks to everyone who has weighed in on this idea. The R&D team is currently reviewing this idea and many more as we determine which set of features and enhancements we can deliver in the next product release. Stay tuned for more information and updates in this forum on this idea and many others. Feel free to continue to vote for this idea or add your input via additional comments if you have not yet done so. Keep all other ideas coming as well.

3. Desktop Authority Client for MacOS

It would be nice to have some basic management function for MacOS devices that are Domain Joined.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. office 2019

We need support to create Outlook profiles in Office 2019.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Update documentation and examples

Much of the documentation and examples for things like Dynamic Variables are really outdated. For example, here is the documentation and examples given for a couple variables:

$OsType
    Operating System type:
    95 - Windows 95
    98 - Windows 98
    NT - All versions of NT/2000

$ProfileDirAU **This one isn't in the documentation
    Full path of the "All Users" profile
    "C:\WinNT\Profiles\All Users"
    "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users"

Consider that there is a generation of support personnel that didn't use computers with the above operation systems or folder paths. I have to stop and thing about it for a second for some of…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Task Scheduler

Though not very often, there are times that a task needs to be scheduled on every computer. In Windows 10, there are many scheduled tasks that I like to remove or disable.

I would like to see a Task Scheduler section in DA that allows for the configuration of a new schedule or deletion of another. This would need the ability to also create/edit sub-folders in the Task Scheduler.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Include reporting for USB Port Security of file deletions from USB devices.

USBPS currently only records read and write access. If a malicious user finds another users USB or decides to clean out their company provided USB we will have no record of that.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Dashboard or Central Area for SLTrace Errors Only

Would like the ability to have a single collection point of only errors from all SLTrace.html files from all clients in one section of the application. Being able to see just the errors from all systems in one location would greatly improve issue resolution times. it would also enable us to see if an admin made a misconfiguration more quickly. having this type of data in one searchable location would be so much more useful. it would allow us to be more proactive than reactive. Details such as Computername, Elelement that failed, Details of Error. Username

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. email signature plain text conversion

I am using the Outlook element to set corporate email signatures in HTML format. It works well. However, when replying to a plain text email, then no signature gets displayed at all. At the very least, it should change the signature from HTML to plain text, but it doesn't. Or, it would be nice if we can force all replies to HTML, regardless of the format of the original email?

In ref to SR Number:4545450

If you would like to see a plain text conversion added to Desktop Authority you can submit the request to our User Voice forum and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. USB Encryption

Option to force USB encryption if DA allows a user to use USB.
    Option for administrator to set encryption password or allow the user to set their own password.
    Option to save those passwords in the DA database in case the user forget the password.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Configure default applications in Windows 10

Currently it is only possible to configure default applications (Browser, Mail, PDF viewer) in Windows 10 by using Group Policy Templates and Windows' DISM tool to generate an XML file that can be pushed using File Operations. There should be an easier feaure included to configure default applications for certain scenarios.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Actually allow Admin Right Execution for Pre/Post Engine Scripting instead of lying in your Documentation

The documentation for DA (at least back to version 9.3) specifically states that you can add a switch (in this case /admin) to the end of the file name for any pre or post engine script, but that's not how it actually works! DA won't let you add spaces or switches to the file name. So I guess my idea is maybe, just maybe, you should make the product actually function like your own documentation states it does. Can't wait to find out what else DA doesn't do that it should!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I can’t blame you for your frustration that the product is not behaving as advertised! I will make sure that we link any Support case you may have in the system and also work with R&D to make sure we document the product pre/post scripting more accurately – or better yet, make sure we fix the switch capability you are looking for but could not find.

Problems are opportunities – thanks for your feedback so we can improve our product for you and many others.

13. GPO Deploment Fix with Windows 10 Pro Client workstations. Currently unable to push out minor GPO Scripts on Windows 10 Pro Clients.

GPO Deploment Fix with Windows 10 Pro Client workstations. Currently unable to push out minor GPO Scripts on Windows 10 Pro Clients. It looks like with the new and updated versions of Windows 10 Pro we cannot push simple GPO through Desktop Authority. It looks like Microsoft changed the way some of these things are pushed out. A fix would be nice for Desktop Authority to push out even a simple wallpaper background or lock screen for Windows 10 Pro. My understanding is that it can be done inside Windows 10 Education or Enterprise, but NOT pro.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Responsive Website and Dynamic Loading

We all should be clear the Desktop Authority Console is due for a major refresh and not that little kick that happened to Archive Manager this needs a Major.

First in particular I find often times entry boxes are to small and get mangled when entering multiple large items into setting boxes. particular GPO with multiple line items.

Second that huge bold black bar at the top of the page is ridiculous. It eats up 1/8 of my total screen just to put your logo on it. Time for this to go.

Third Really unless you have 1000s of items…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I hear you.
    The R&D team is currently reviewing this idea and many more as we determine which set of features and enhancements we can deliver in the next product release. Stay tuned for more information and updates in this forum on this idea and many others. Feel free to continue to vote for this idea or add your input via additional comments if you have not yet done so. Keep all other ideas coming as well.

15. Improve Group Policy Template Handling

I like Desktop Authority but I find the handling of Group Policy Items to be frusterating.
    My First issue is that its a slow responding part of the website. The time that it takes to click in and out of the policy templates, add new ADMX Files and other aspects to making configurations here is painstakingly slow. To the point I'm about to abandon using the GPO Section of DA.

The second is the difficulty of finding a specific policy item. Often I'm not sure what ADMX file I need to add in order to apply a GPO setting and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Expert Assist Power Options

In the Menu, under Computer Management, is a Reboot option that allows for restarting EA and various options for restarting the computer (Normal, Emergency, Hard, and Scheduled).
    I would like to see options to shut the computer down and log a user off.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Global Expert Assist repository/settings

There needs to be some sort of way to configure settings and resources for Expert Assist globally. It's nice that there is a way to change the color scheme/theme for interface, create new scripts, configure SMTP settings, and setup system monitoring but, currently, this has to be done on each and every individual computer.

If not a global repository, at least build out the Remote Management User Profile to include those settings and files. Then, when publishing the changed files, DA can sync those files and settings to the machines.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Manage Screensavers

Add a specific element (or enhance an existing one) to push out a screensaver, rather than having to create registry entries. For Windows 7 and up, it should also include the option for a file/folder path if the Picture Viewer screensaver is selected.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Validation logic to check whether app is installed

rather than having to do file existence/version checks, a simple test if an app is installed would be a great help

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. SLTrace file data extraction and analysis (AKA:ChkSLTrace.hta)

Have a look at this post

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/endpoint-management/desktop-authority/f/4945/t/19630097

If Dell could develop a similar small program to allow us to quickly find where a user has last logged in by analyzing the sltrace file as this small .hta script does, it would be a god send!
    Make it compatible with Windows 7 and up (32&64bit).
    I would simply continue to use the current hta file but I am having problems running it on a Windows 8.1 Enterprise computer. Not sure what I am missing as others seam to be able to use it. I use this every day! I have a…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

KACE Desktop Authority

Feedback and Knowledge Base