How can we improve KACE Desktop Authority?

Actually allow Admin Right Execution for Pre/Post Engine Scripting instead of lying in your Documentation

The documentation for DA (at least back to version 9.3) specifically states that you can add a switch (in this case /admin) to the end of the file name for any pre or post engine script, but that's not how it actually works! DA won't let you add spaces or switches to the file name. So I guess my idea is maybe, just maybe, you should make the product actually function like your own documentation states it does. Can't wait to find out what else DA doesn't do that it should!

1 vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  AdminKarla (KACE Product Manager, Quest KACE) responded  · 

I can’t blame you for your frustration that the product is not behaving as advertised! I will make sure that we link any Support case you may have in the system and also work with R&D to make sure we document the product pre/post scripting more accurately – or better yet, make sure we fix the switch capability you are looking for but could not find.

Problems are opportunities – thanks for your feedback so we can improve our product for you and many others.

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base